• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon volt mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

did a few days research on this one and came up with this

43798919.jpg

feel free to post anymore graphic card volt mods in this thread if you have any.

Last edited:
I don't have the pics on this computer, but I can confirm the vgpu mod for the 1175 chip .

I just did the mod on my 9500np, where I used to get alot of checkerboarding at around 325mhz core + up, I now can run about 365-370. (its not a very good overclocker compared to some softmodded 95nonpro's :( ).

I increased the voltage from 1.5 to 1.6, but I only have a zalman passive heatpipe cooler on it so I'm going to keep it as long as possible...

When I hook up my other computer that the stuffs saved on I'll try to post the pics for ya.

the vmods are the same for all the 9800 cards right?

9800np
9800se
9800pro.

Assuming they were all the made by ATI cards, they'd be the same, right?

9800pro/np are the same.

the 9800se has 3 diferent layouts

one like the 9500pro (above), one like a 9700pro/no, and one really retarded one with 4ns (mine)

Here is mine for the 9500pro and the sapphire 9500np. So far I have been the first to go through with this mod for the 9500np otherwise they have all been like your first pic.

Here is my website if you want to look through it.
http://www.shackspace.com/[email protected]/radeonmods

9500mods3.jpg

I did it too both of them. The ones listed are for the BB ATI. The sapphire had different values.

here's another one for radeon 9800se with the TSOP design. took me a long time to figure this one out since i, at least i think, am the first to v-mod this card

46141418.jpg

Does anybody know where to find info on the Dell pulls?
I bought a 9800 off of ebay that has the samsung Ram and Id like to try a V-mod on both the processor and the memory.

However I I believe that the layout may be different then most other built by ATI cards. Im not sure though.

Thanks in advance

Wardog

could you posta pic of the card. front and back. that would help alot

of course they work. was the first to find them too. i took th gpu from 486 to 525 and the 4ns mem to 305. w00t

[edit[ spelling

fOOt
Ill try to post some pics soon.
Unfortunately I damaged a transistor on my Mobo last night when I slipped during a waterblock install.
So it may be a few days.

Thanks again

Wardog

f00t, what voltage are you giving those memories? Can you edit your bios and tell me the memory timings aswell?

Back