• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator clearance and motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

About to start a new build with a Phanteks Enthoo luxe case. Quite a bit larger than my current Fractal Design S case so I assume there will be no issue installing my predator 360 radiator at the top.

However, in checking my rad dimensions I see it is on the thick side at 68mm, and most builds I've read suggest a maximum 60mm thick rad on top.

Checking the actual Phanteks specs I see 69.85mm clearance to mobo.

https://benchmarkreviews.com/19262/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-case-review/6/

So my question
Is less than a couple mm enough clearance?
If there is any heat from the rad then I assume that means no and I will need to invest in a thinner rad.

Any wc experts care to chime in?

Thanks!

There is room in the compartment above the mobo in the Luxe to mount either the radiator or just the fans (in a pull configuration). It's a great case, and that's my unbiased opinion. LOL

I just measured mine. There's 20mm above the rad mount for fans. That leaves an easy 5mm clearance with most fans, so there should be room for a fat radiator up top. Build away and enjoy. That case is a blast to build in. Oodles of room behind the mobo tray, removable drive cages, multiple SSD mounting options, and a PSU cover. Anyone can come up with a really clean looking build in that case. :thup:

I just measured mine. There's 20mm above the rad mount for fans. That leaves an easy 5mm clearance with most fans, so there should be room for a fat radiator up top. Build away and enjoy. That case is a blast to build in. Oodles of room behind the mobo tray, removable drive cages, multiple SSD mounting options, and a PSU cover. Anyone can come up with a really clean looking build in that case. :thup:

But most 120mm fans are 25mm thick.

There is room for 420mm rad on top on the Enthoo Luxe: 2 fans screwed straight on the rad inside the case, and 2 fans that maintain the radiator to the case in the compartment above, like a sandwich. That is what I have ATM.

I will take pics tomorrow if you like, too lazy now, watching some junk on popcortime! :D

typical fan depth/thickness is 25mm...not sure that fits...

- - - Updated - - -

There is room for 420mm rad on top on the Enthoo Luxe: 2 fans screwed straight on the rad inside the case, and 2 fans that maintain the radiator to the case in the compartment above, like a sandwich. That is what I have ATM.

I will take pics tomorrow if you like, too lazy now, watching some junk on popcortime! :D
but the OP's rad is 68mm...is your around there?

Last edited:
OP, if you wanna do this the right way, please do measurements and jot everything down.

Back