• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator top case placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bion1985

Registered
So this might be a dumb question but I've noticed looking at alot of different setups that most I see people who mount there all in one radiators to the top of the case put the hoses towards the front of the case. I currently have mine installed with the hoses towards the rear of the case. Is there a reason to put them towards the front or is that just what most choose?

People just pick which is easier to mount. No difference in performance.

I wouldn't think there would be for top mounts, thanks for the reply. I just wanted to double check to see if I was missing something. I think I picked towards the back mainly so that the cooler tubes wouldn't block my ram slots in case I want to add/change ram.

I wouldn't think there would be for top mounts, thanks for the reply. I just wanted to double check to see if I was missing something. I think I picked towards the back mainly so that the cooler tubes wouldn't block my ram slots in case I want to add/change ram.

Correct, if you were side mounted though you'd want the tubes on the bottom of the radiator :)

Back