• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BloodVirus

Registered
I am currently using a h100 to cool my CPU (got the x mas a while bk)
I'm really thinking of making a full pc loop for my second GTX 680 that I got from a buddy.
So my question is could I take the hoses off the h100 and re-use the radiator with this XSPC Raystorm EX360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ D5.
Also would the pump be strong enough to work on a CPU Block + 2Rads + 2 GPU's?

Yes my case can fit both rads Its a Cooler Master COSMOS SE Full Tower Case

I would think judging by the diameter of nipples where the tubes hook to the H100 radiator it would seriously impede your flow through the loop. The D5 is a good pump and shouldn't have an issue with 2 gpu's and a cpu but it may if you use the H100 radiator.

thank you very much for the fast answer I well just order another radiator When the time comes to it hopefully it well be in this month. Waiting for the Heat killer back plate to be in stock on frozen cpu

thank you very much for the fast answer I well just order another radiator When the time comes to it hopefully it well be in this month. Waiting for the Heat killer back plate to be in stock on frozen cpu
Anytime, though don't take what I said as gospel, you may want to search around the internet and see if anyone has done it. It may work but I doubt it judging by the looks of it. Additionally, you may be able to pick up a quality 2x120 radiator fairly cheap on ebay if your diligent in searching.

alrighty i'll give it a shot and I've been looking for some one who has re used a h100 rad but can't find any so im going to assume that it aint possible (still going to look more)

save the h100 for another build and do proper rads. You'll thank yourself later. As said the h100's rad would hinder flow not to mention you'll have to plumb the rest of your loop down to meet the h100 rad then back up to meet the rest of your stuff.

Also, I think the H100 rad is aluminum...which if you're considering a custom loop, you should know is a no-no.

no I didn't know it was aluminum thank you for pointing that out and ya im now looking for a duel radiator need a decent one that can fit into the case with no problem and fits my budget

not to mention that the H100 pump just wont be able to handle more as it handles now... more rads, GPU blocks, extra tubing... you'll get lucky IF you get 0.2 GPM flow

If you want to CPU+GPU... go for a REAL custom loop with real copper rads, decent blocks , good tubing and a decent D5 or DDC pump ..... and flunk the H100 on ebay

Alternatives: Swiftech Hx20 + Komodo block OR XS-PC Raystorm kit + GPU block

not to mention that the H100 pump just wont be able to handle more as it handles now... more rads, GPU blocks, extra tubing... you'll get lucky IF you get 0.2 GPM flow

If you want to CPU+GPU... go for a REAL custom loop with real copper rads, decent blocks , good tubing and a decent D5 or DDC pump ..... and flunk the H100 on ebay

Alternatives: Swiftech Hx20 + Komodo block OR XS-PC Raystorm kit + GPU block

you read it wrong. i was asking if i could re use the radiator from a h100 not the pump or tubes. i know the h100 pump is crap thats why i said im getting a a decent set up. just ordered the kit that i said i was about to buy with a extra duel radiator and some nice uv tubing to go with my uv light fans but i wont be able to put it together intell frozencpu has the heatkiller back plates in stock for my 680's

Is worry about thabing enough rad in the first place. Flow rates I would not be concerned about honestly.

Is worry about thabing enough rad in the first place. Flow rates I would not be concerned about honestly.

I think having 2 rads should be good enough on the info that I have found on some other forum posts, also apparently some people are getting away with using just 1 triple radiator but I'm going to throw in a extra duel radiator probably a black ice GT Stealth 240 X flow. yes I have enough room I used a measuring tap already did some adjustments (took all hard drive cages out) and relocated my HD's. everything might change once I get the parts here but for now I think I have a good idea were everything well go.

But im getting mixed reads of people does it matter how the loop goes like cpu/rad/gpu/res or wat because every forum is different. if I feel everything is going to be crammed im going to pick up a Switch 810 case from my neighbor he wants to trade me cases but I told him I wanted to see how it looked first. o ya one last thing can I change the front face of my asus GTX 680 top like make it into a 1 slot instead of a 3 slot? or are the face/grill made different

Skip that last part found out I can change it to a 2 slot card by cutting the end off carefully or buying a face from ebay for 10-20$ (I well go with the cut)

once the parts are here I well take pictures of the build WIP or final

Last edited:
But im getting mixed reads of people does it matter how the loop goes like cpu/rad/gpu/res or wat because every forum is different.

The only thing you need to worry about with the order of the loop is Reservoir then pump.

can I change the front face of my asus GTX 680 top like make it into a 1 slot instead of a 3 slot?
Are you not planning on water cooling it?

Mix ish its a 1 pump, 1 Triple rad, tubing, Compression fittings, a water block and a res from XSPC but i well need more compression fittings buying red UV colored tubing with clear water and the water blocks for my GPU's and also adding in another double radiator sorry if you got confused on how i was going with this.

Yes im going to water cool my gpu its just because I have the top edition so its a 3 slot card do to the face of it covers up so much I just don't want the other card touching each other with the front panel/face/grill thingy

Last edited:
you read it wrong. i was asking if i could re use the radiator from a h100 not the pump or tubes. i know the h100 pump is crap thats why i said im getting a a decent set up. just ordered the kit that i said i was about to buy with a extra duel radiator and some nice uv tubing to go with my uv light fans but i wont be able to put it together intell frozencpu has the heatkiller back plates in stock for my 680's

My bad :-/

Use the H100 rad as a paperweight... do NOT include it in an existing loop... re: alu , small tubing/fittings , general poor quality
:chair:

as for radding: 120.2 per device is the general stance ... with a slight bias to less noisy. For CPU+GPU you can get away with a 360 (120.3), but 480 (2x240 or 120.4) gives a bit more room for hot days & extended gaming sessions with a little less noise. So, you should be ok :thup:

Of course, you *could* also get away with one 80mm thick 240 MONSTA and some serious Delta's on push/pull if you dont mind the noise :D

Last edited:
Back