• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raidmax X3 CPU cooler, is it good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

So I have just stumbled upon this cooler, X3 by Raidmax, and the ONLY review shown had ridiculously low temps. 26c Load in a 14c room on a AMD Phenom x4 965. I'm no expert, but DAYUUM!

Anyone have any insight? can't find ANYTHING that would be a good professional review on this thing. It looks like it would perform well, but not THAT well. I would say a bit lower than a Hyper 212+.

I'm still using the stock cooler for my cpu, been looking for a $35-$40 range air cooler that has a decent look to it, and fits in my case o_O

The only "review" I could find:http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1582565

Everyone's favorite cheap cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus so I'd suggest going with that. Never heard of the Raid Max X3 so it might be a little sketchy :sly:

For the $30 range, the Hyper 212+ is a good choice. If you can go more money, there are better cooling choices out there though. If you can swing around $45 delivered to your door, the Evercool Transformer 4 might also be one you can look at. I reviewed it on a Bloomfield heat monster system and it did significantly better than the 212+, which I have also reviewed.

Alright, thx guys. I just have never heard of it till now, and it looked pretty good. And yeah, I can swing up to $50, Just not atm. :p

Back