• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hey guys,
I will be buying 2 ram sticks for my new build right now. After searching and digging through the web, I came down with Geil Black Dragons 1600MHz C9 (2x4GB). The problem is that I downloaded the qualified mobo list and they are supported till Maximus 5. Now, I will be getting the Maximus 6 Formula or the Sabertooth for my new Haswell build. The qualified list has not been updated since June.

Does anyone have experience with these sticks?Are they supported by Maximus 6 or Sabertooth? I know that some times mobos support sticks that are not written in their support list.

Thx in advance!

In most cases ram is ram, just because it's not on the support list doesn't mean it will not work, it just hasn't been tested.

What you could do is look at the Geil's they have on the qualified approved list. If there are ones on the that have the same timings as the Black Dragons, chances are they are the same IC manufacturer. My GeIL Evo Veloce ddr3 1600's, have the same 9-9-9-28 timings as well, chances are they are the same sticks.

Back