• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Cooling requied?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a little Update, installed everything and since i don't know anything about overclocking, i used Memory Try It! to set my Ram speed, i set it using a preset, 3733 mhz CL16 1.4 volt.
Is it a safe voltage? I did not do i stress test but so far it look to work fine.

The ram you have is rated to run at 1.45v so you are well within the voltage limits. If you do experience any instabilities once you start stress testing don't hesitate to bump that voltage up to 1.45v or even up to 1.48v if it's needed. You will be fine long term at these numbers with adequate airflow.

If you're getting 3733 CL16 @1.4v stable then those are nice sticks and a nice overclock. Personally I would benchmark and stress test that setting and then compare it to 3600 CL15 or CL16 @ 1.4v~ benchmarks to see how much of a performance hit you are taking by pushing the IF into the 2:1 ratio. I know you may not understand what that all means, and that's OK.

In laymans terms what I'm saying is any RAM clock speed over 3600Mhz could actually perform worst than the 3600Mhz setting so in most cases it's best to set it to 3600Mhz.

Back