• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kasek

looking to get a fan for cooling the ram. I no its not completly necessary but I want it partially for the look.

My mobo it has to fit around is the sabertooth z77 and the ram is i think kingston hyper x DDR3 I have 2 installed right now but am getting 2 more

what do u recommend for a fan. right now i have the hyper 212 evo CPU fan so it wont fit with that but will be doing watercooling in the future so would water cooling 4 sticks of ram b better or go with a fan

thanks

There is no need to water cool ram, or the mofsets on a motherboard. The blocks are way too restrictive. There really isn't much available for aftermarket ram cooling. Imo, just leave the rma the way it is. Or, Corsair, has ram kits with fans.

thanks for the replies i no its isnt really needed was more wanting it for cosmetic reasons

mayb ill just do an led ram mod thing

Last edited:
If you're heartset on WCing them, it's MEPS blocks or don't bother. Everything else is either really restrictive or completely ineffective

Back