• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM issue with GA-MA785GM-US2H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrEvil1979

Hello,

I have a Gigabye GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev1.0) board with an AMD Athlon X2 240CPU (I dont remember if its AM2+ or just AM2, i purchased it around a year ago) and it currently has 2GB of ValueRAM at 667Mhz that I purchased with it.

Recently, I purchased 2GB of additional ram to add to it, to give me 4GB of ram total (4x1GB sticks) but I'm running into a bit of an issue getting all 4 sticks to work. Currently I have 2 sticks in slots 1 and 3, but if I try all 4 slots the computer fails to boot, and any other configuration I try seems to cause the computer to fail to boot.

I thought that at first one of the sticks I had purchased was faulty, but after testing each stick in slots 1 & 3, all sticks seem to be fine, and all 4 will work in a spare computer I have, only difference is that spare computer has an intel based motherboard/cpu.

Can anyone maybe help me troubleshoot this, or tell me something else I could try?

Kind Regards & Thanks in advance,
Juston

Back