• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM not reading the correct speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Jay_

I have 2 sticks of 1600Mhz RAM installed in my system. CPUID shows the freq at 433Mhz. Shouldn't it be at 800MHz?

RAM-CPUID.jpg

RAM-CPUID-1.jpg

It's because your bus is set to 216 instead of 200. The 1728 figure is correct. You overclock the bus, you overclock your ram. It's that simple.

It's because your bus is set to 216 instead of 200. The 1728 figure is correct. You overclock the bus, you overclock your ram. It's that simple.

Thanks for the info. Is it safe to leave it there? Or should I clock it back to 200?

I'm not really savvy when it comes to OC'ing so I don't know what's safe and what's not.

Thanks for the info. Is it safe to leave it there? Or should I clock it back to 200?

I'm not really savvy when it comes to OC'ing so I don't know what's safe and what's not.

I would set it back to the default of 200 and set your cpu multiplier or "ratio" to get back to your target cpu speed. 200 bus speed x 20 multiplier would give you a nice even 4 GHz.

Back