• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM overclock fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BCboneless

Hey all!
To start I am running:

i7-2700K
Asus P8P67-LE Rev 3.0
G Skill Sniper 8gb 1333 MHz
Gigabyte 560 Ti 448
Antec EA-650 Green

In my BIOS (EFI "BIOS") I set my RAM to 1600 MHz, and when I save and reboot all I see is a blanck screen. All my fans run, my LEDs are on but nothing on my screen. My moniter goes into sleep mode. After I hit my MemOK button its boots into the EFI.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, don't try to run your ram at 1600 when, according to your Sig it's only rated for 1333 mhz.

What voltage are you using with the memory.

Also, which timings are you using?

Also, what is the model # of your memory (a link would be helpful). As previously stated, if you're trying to run 1333 memory at 1600 without changing anything, chances are it's not going to work. You'd have to loosen timings and/or raise voltage.

We can't know yet though, because we don't know what memory you're running nor what settings you've tried. Please supply that and we can better help you. :salute:

They're rated for 1333 at 1.5V with 9-9-9-24 timings. There is a chance they'll run at 1600 with their rated timings if you raise the voltage to 1.65V. There's a chance they won't too, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't know; overclocking RAM is pretty trial-and-error experimentation. Hopefully the voltage bump will be enough to run stable at 1600 / 9-9-9-24.

If it's not stable, try loosening the timings; maybe 9-11-11-28. Then you'll need to run benchmarks to see if the timing trade-off is worth the speed increase.

Back