• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rampage iv formula gen 3/2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbobooster196

Hello guys hope that somebody can help.
I have a rampage iv formula bord with a i7 3820
in the bios I can see that my videocard is set as gen 3, but when I boot, so that I can read the letters like on what clock speed it is, I see that It boots with gen 2.

don't have to but I can, but gpu-z shows bus interface pci-e 3.0x16@x16 1.1
when I start the gpu-z render test it jumps from 1.1 to 3.0

Then it is working properly.
The bus drops down to save power when not under load.

Turbo as Atmin said, it working perfectly if you try the RENDER TEST in GPU-Z it will change to 3.0!! Mine does the same here with my 780TI's it down clocks when under light or no load.

AJ.

Maybe they changed something in a recent bios update? I've always had to do the following to enable pci-e 3.0 on my rive and rivf: http://forums.evga.com/How-to-enable-PCIE-30-in-Windows-7-m1607292.aspx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video

Step 8: Identify the correct registry folders for each of graphics cards you have installed. There will be one associated folder for each card installed. To identify the correct folder for each card, you will need to review the names of each folder within the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ CurrentControlSet/ Control/Video” registry directory. The folder associated with a graphics card will have three or more subfolders (depending on how many PCI-E slots available on the motherboard). The values listed for each subfolder will be 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, and Video. Review only the subfolders labeled as "0000". You will know you have selected the correct "0000" subfolder when you see a registry labeled “DriverDesc” with a value that matches the graphics card you have installed. Example, the value in my “DriverDesc” registry value reads “NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680”.

Step 9: Right click on the folder labeled “0000”. Select “New”, then select “DWORD (32-bit) Value“, then enter “RMPcieLinkSpeed” for the name of the registry.

Step 10: Right click the “RMPcieLinkSpeed” registry you just created, then select “Modify”, then enter “4” as the data value and verify that the “Hexadecimal” option is checked under “Base”, and then select “OK”.

Step 11: Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each graphics card associated folder (named “0000”)

Step 12: Once you have completed creating the RMPcieLinkSpeed registry for each card, close the Registry Editor window and restart your computer.

Step 13: Once your system is back into Windows 7 operating system environment, run GPU-Z and verify that the “Graphics Bus interface” value shows PCI-E 3.0 for each card.

Step 14: Re-enable SLI -or- Crossfire as needed.

oke, I believe you all when you say it works, mayby it has to do indeed something with the bios.
just found it very strange, that when I boot it is showingen (using gen 2)

Side note: with the 280X it's not even worth worrying about PCIe 2.0 vs 3.0 as long as you're using a 16x slot.

Back