• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random clicking in Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

red_avatar

This is driving me quite crazy. The problem is as follows: since a few months, my mouse suddenly starts to randomly click (long and short) - rebooting fixes it but what causes it is really puzzling and I can't easily reinstall Windows 7.

I've tried the following:

- unplugging my mouse: didn't help. Even without a mouse, Windows still right and left clicks randomly

- unplug the keyboard and everything else including network cable. Didn't help either.

- checked for viruses or any services running that might cause it - couldn't find anything wrong

- tried to close every program running that I could close. Didn't help.

I honestly am out of ideas. Reinstalling Windows 7 is something I don't want to do because it would take me weeks to setup all my software again so does anyone have any ideas? Or a way to maybe get rid of it without having to reboot my PC?

Back