• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate my Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hicksimus

Rate my Build (now with less suck)

So here was my first build!

0.JPG

Ok, it was a joke....except for that Porsche power supply!

Then I got a Corsair 500R which was crap as you can clearly see in this picture. Who would design a case where the 24 pin can't reach...clearly Corsair would as my picture below shows. :shrug:

DSCF0479.JPG

All joking aside this case even makes poor cable managers like me look all right. I even managed to throw in some lighting that the edges of the case hid perfectly as you can(cannot see) below. The massive space out back was able to hide the hideous tangle of wires from my power supply as well.

DSCF0481.JPG

All put together this case looks nice and clean my only complaint was that the 3.5" trays don't stay clipped in well while they are empty, fresh out of the box 2 fell out and would not stay in.

A minor imperfection for a case that's on sale so often that it could probably just have a $90 MSRP.

MMMmmm shiney!

DSCF0484.JPG

Last edited:
If it works they way you intend to build it permanence wise then it gets a 10...looks wise it drops closer to a 3 or 4 ;)
My opinion off course :)

Functional and fast! I never subscribed to bling bling like DarthBeavis of modding fame, aka "BlingKing". Build it, make it fast, finctional, use it. If it's pretty when done so be it.

Darth's page. He is a nice guy in person, his tattoos have watercooling blocks and circuit cards!

http://outoftheboxmods.com/author/darthbeavis/

I wouldn't take it home to mama and say this in my new wife, but if it works it's golden.

"Mom, meet my one eyed, 3' tall, flat beer holding head, big eared, fold back teeth bride"!

But Mom! It does everything a man would ever need! :rofl:

I like it!

Last edited:
Back