• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RD890/RS880/SB800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

The most I've found about the upcoming 800-series chipsets from AMD are in the pictures below.

Does anyone have any more information on this, particularly relating to the northbridge? Will these be manufactured on the 40 nm process?

Attachments

• 2009 roadmap.jpg
    2009 roadmap.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,580
  • SB8XX.jpg
    SB8XX.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,825
One thing that should be noted is that while Hydra could support both ATI and Nvidia cards at the same time, we won't be able to mix and match due to driver issues that would occur in XP/Vista. I don't know if this would affect linux though. However, I'm sure a workaround could be reached if Hydra takes off (which I truly hope it does!)

One thing that should be noted is that while Hydra could support both ATI and Nvidia cards at the same time, we won't be able to mix and match due to driver issues that would occur in XP/Vista. I don't know if this would affect linux though. However, I'm sure a workaround could be reached if Hydra takes off (which I truly hope it does!)

Hopeflully Windows 7 will fix that.

Yeah what's up with this schedule? None of the Computex (p)reviews mentioned any announcements for boards based on these chipsets.

There were lots of boards based on 785G at computex.
(I believe 785G = RS880 )

RD890/880D are more likely to come in Q4

IIRC, we are now in Q3 on 2009 and I still don't have one of these in my computer! I would like these new chipsets out before I upgrade my board or I will be using a 790fx + SB750 for a while.

Back