• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read and Write Speed Issues Crosshair IV Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doc100

Good day all, Im having some read and write speed issues that I hope maybe someone can help me with, Im runing the Crosshair IV Formula with the 3027 bios and running 4 drives in ACHI, a Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB as my main drive on JMicron JMB36X Controller,2 Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, ports 5 and and 6, and a Seagate Barracuda 500GB on port 1 and when I run benchmarks on any of the drives I get very low read and write speeds, Im sure its either the way I have it setup on my ports or a setting in the bios im missing so any suggestion here would be very much appreciated, also running sata 3 cables on all ports. Thanks in advance :attn:

I'd start by moving your main drive to an SB850-controlled port. After that make sure you have AMD AHCI drivers installed; they'll probably give you a bit better speed than the standard windows driver.

Back