• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really odd bf2 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

The other day bf2 was running fine. I then decided to play with the video and sound quality settings. Things got laggy inbetween testing stuff and I had to restart using the power button.
Doing so I ended up messing up windows and completely reformatted because I had been needing to do so anyways. With a fresh format and install of everything (with settings back to what they were when it worked fine). I will open bf2 and it will be fine. Then I will hear a slight bios beep from my machine and it will freeze for a sec, beep again, then be fine and repeat every 10-15 seconds maybe? Anyone have any idea whats up?

Only in bf2. The only thing is...3 days ago with the exact same setup it ran fine.

Temps are fine. As for the oc ill get it for you later. Its been so long since ive messed with my stuff ive forgotten.

As much as I love this game, I spend almost as much time trying to get it to work as I do playing it. I would back down the overclock, my system is prime stable at just under 2.7 but it will not play battlefield 2 at above 2.5. It ****es me of because you might find a battlefield two stable overclock and a week later it is not stable for the game.

It does amaze me how many people had issues with just getting the game to run, I have yet to have an issue, well I did have it kick me out to the desktop a couple times, but thats it.

Back