• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Receive a $10 prepaid card by mail from EVGA!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its like a debit card that has cash on it, you spend it at stores just like any normal card.

I would suspect it's good at any place that takes credit cards, but if it's like the cards I've received in the past it's a ******* to use them. They need to be rung in a special way and there's a different way to ring it in the first time compared to if you've used part of the money on the card already, don't forget to do this different if there's a full moon, don't forget to do that different if you're allergic to peanuts, bla bla bla.... :rolleyes:

I would suspect it's good at any place that takes credit cards, but if it's like the cards I've received in the past it's a ******* to use them. They need to be rung in a special way and there's a different way to ring it in the first time compared to if you've used part of the money on the card already, don't forget to do this different if there's a full moon, don't forget to do that different if you're allergic to peanuts, bla bla bla.... :rolleyes:

+1 lol

absolutely hate gift cards of any sort they make you feel like your holding up a grocery store line with food stamps while the lady at the register is on the PA yelling "managers approval for food stamps in line 5 please"

I'm also thinking if it's a prepaid card by mail from EVGA, you may be stuck as to where you're able to use it. My gut is telling me you'll only be able to use it to purchase EVGA products only.

I've actually used several of those prepaid cards, mostly for gas. Just go inside, ask for the amount of gas for whatevers on the card, swipe it as credit, and it works fine for me. Haven't run into any problems yet :shrug:

Thanks for the information on using the prepaid card at the gas station, that sounds like a good idea.:)

Be sure to watch the expiration date. After that date EVGA gets the money back in their account and your card is worthless.

I was under the impression having an expiration date on prepaid cards like that was deemed illegal. However, most companies have gotten around it by having "service fees". I actually see the service fees as worse, since they seem to kick in after only a couple months of inactivity, where it usually took a year or two for the card to expire.

I've actually used several of those prepaid cards, mostly for gas. Just go inside, ask for the amount of gas for whatevers on the card, swipe it as credit, and it works fine for me. Haven't run into any problems yet :shrug:

This guy must of read the papers that come with your gift card it tells you how to use it XD

And most come with 6months with no fee but your more than likely to use it before then unless you lose it

I've gotten pre paid cards before (prepaid visa and mastercard)...Like freakdiablo said, just tell them how much is on the card and use it as credit. I've never had a problem.

Back