• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a good cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Josel

I have a Asus Sabertooth X58, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66, 6 Gb Corsair DDR3 1600 Mhz, Asus Nvidia GTX 560 TI DirectCU II TOP 1 Gb DDR5, 2 x 1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint (Raid 0) in a case Antec Nine Hundred Two.
I want to buy a cpu cooler but i dont know which buy, cause i have a doubt about the height of the heatsink.
I was thinking buy the Noctua NH-D14 but is huge and i dont know if that cooler fit on my case.
Any suggestion are welcome

Judging by the dimensions listed for your case and for that cooler I'd say it will fit with maybe 3/4" to 1" to spare. That Noctua is one of the best. Also look at Prolimatech and Thermalright. The Thermaltake Frio is also suppose to be good and is about $20 cheaper.

Silver Arrow or NH-D14 SE2011. Do not getthe NH-D14 that is for sale now, since its fans are not PWM and our As.s mb's need PWM to control fanspeed.

not sure of the dimensions but I do know that the megahalems fits but it close on the side fan mount

I have a Asus Sabertooth X58, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66, 6 Gb Corsair DDR3 1600 Mhz, Asus Nvidia GTX 560 TI DirectCU II TOP 1 Gb DDR5, 2 x 1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint (Raid 0) in a case Antec Nine Hundred Two.
I want to buy a cpu cooler but i dont know which buy, cause i have a doubt about the height of the heatsink.
I was thinking buy the Noctua NH-D14 but is huge and i dont know if that cooler fit on my case.
Any suggestion are welcome

I have the NH-D14 in my Antec 902. It fits, but you have to take off the plastic piece that holds the optional side fan bracket onto the side.

Back