• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a new mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
My mouse died about 20 minutes ago.

The blue tracking LED was flashing randomly which results in no/jumpy cursor movement.
I've resorted to this crappy Logitech wireless mouse - and it's one of the "mini" mouse styles (GOD HELP ME IT'S AWFUL)

Anyway, need a good WIRED mouse with at least 2 programmable buttons on the side. (I use those for refreshing webpages and "flip 3D" which actually switches tabs in Chrome :thup: )

At least 2000 Dpi I think, that's what I had the old one set to (2400 Dpi)
My old one was 125Hz refresh rate, so maybe a mouse that can increase that a bit? (Not needed, but cool to have)

Cheap as possible, as I have a 3570K coming my way within 2 week :cool:
I'll buy from Canada Computers, newegg or tigerdirect since they have canadian prices. (Canada Computers preferred since they are 2 min from work :D )

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Oh the old mouse was DRAGON WAR ELE-G1 LEVIATHAN ~$24 with a mousepad :p

I do like the way it fits my palm too.

I enjoy my Logitech G700, plenty of programmable buttons, wired or wireless (actually sends signal over the USB cable when plugged in)

Thanks guys!

That Corsair looks amazing :drool:
But Newegg.ca doesn't have it listed :-/ Maybe Tigerdirect will.

I was thinking about the Logitech mice, G500 G700.
Solid units eh?

Thanks guys!

That Corsair looks amazing :drool:
But Newegg.ca doesn't have it listed :-/ Maybe Tigerdirect will.

I was thinking about the Logitech mice, G500 G700.
Solid units eh?

I have the Logitech M502 not a fan gave to the girlfriend to use. Its a very different feel

I have the Logitech M502 not a fan gave to the girlfriend to use. Its a very different feel

Oh... lol, she still using it? :p

Okay, normally I don't cheap out, buuut I friken hate this mini mouse.
What are your thoughts on the E-Blue Cobra Jr.?

I'm asking because there's a guy on Kijiji literally a stone's throw away from me asking $20 for his. Used a few times he says, and it looks in decent shape.
Might offer him $10 for it. :)

Oh... lol, she still using it? :p

Okay, normally I don't cheap out, buuut I friken hate this mini mouse.
What are your thoughts on the E-Blue Cobra Jr.?

I'm asking because there's a guy on Kijiji literally a stone's throw away from me asking $20 for his. Used a few times he says, and it looks in decent shape.
Might offer him $10 for it. :)

I have never seen nor heard of it before but for $10 give it a shot

I have never seen nor heard of it before but for $10 give it a shot

Haven't heard back from the seller yet :(

But, I was curious so I opened up the now dead mouse.
Crappy-*** solder job with bits of solder scattered over the PCB. :-/

I ran a test on it - I shined my flashlight into the sensor and the cursor moved fine!
And the LED in the mouse was flashing and cutting out - so I soldered it to the USB 5v line directly bypassing the sensor chip and some other chip.

Maybe it'll work, I'll test it when the glue dries some more. (I'll plug it into my crappy laptop of course ;) )

Razer or another higher end gaming mouse with on the fly adjustable resolution (DPI).

Here is why adjustment is nice:

Yay for craptops? :p
You betchya! :p

It's the lab rat of the house for my experiments.
Razer or another higher end gaming mouse with on the fly adjustable resolution (DPI).

Here is why adjustment is nice:

Thanks! Will watch shortly. (Needs to load, I'm throttled :( )

Soooo yeah.. I burnt the blue LED that came with the mouse, and after some frankensteining, I soldered in a new resistor and an old red LED.
And it works! :D

For now anyway, so I bought myself some more time to pick a new mouse :)

You betchya! :p

It's the lab rat of the house for my experiments.

Thanks! Will watch shortly. (Needs to load, I'm throttled :( )

Soooo yeah.. I burnt the blue LED that came with the mouse, and after some frankensteining, I soldered in a new resistor and an old red LED.
And it works! :D

For now anyway, so I bought myself some more time to pick a new mouse :)

Yeah I have learned that a mouse can make your computing experience or break it. I like the on the fly DPI switching because it allows me to fine tune and take aim in the rare gaming excursion and in 3d/2d design the precision saves time and aggravation.

Fit is important above all though and I find that (with my CTS) razer makes the best meese for my hands. Ambidextrous grip helps as well.

CM makes some good ones and on the low end I have noticed that the steel series products do pretty well.

Logitech products range from great to crap, not a bad brand, but you get what you pay for.

Level 10m gaming mouse, I love it. VERY Programmable, has its own little program to set macros, changes colors, it's awesome.
It has 4 "profiles" you can switch between, change the dpi from 800-8200, has an aluminum base, 4 buttons (2 on each side), you can adjust height AND side lean with its own little tool it comes with, it has a laser type mouse guide (you can use it on a glass tabletop). Comes in different colors too. I've had it for a year and it's still doing great. Here's neweggs video

Last edited:
Logitech products range from great to crap, not a bad brand, but you get what you pay for.

So long as you stick to their good products it shouldn't be a problem regardless, for example the G400 or G502 would be my only recommendations from Logi (but their support is second to none in the mouse market). As far as Razer, they only have 1 decent mouse, and that is the Deathadder. SteelSeries Rival is a great choice, the Mionix Naos or Avior 7000, Ninox Aurora, Zowie FK1, Roccat Kone, and there are other great mice out there.

This all being said, while I personally prefer the better quality sensors offered by the SS Rival, Zowie FK1, and Logi G502, I've found my hands acclimated better to the Zowie FK1 than the other 2, so in essence, just find what works best for YOU. I can sit here and tell you what sensors are better bla bla bla, but at the end of the day, even if the sensor is the best in the world, if it doesn't feel good in YOUR hands, then quite frankly it's not for you. While you want a good sensor, you need what feels best :)
(A lot of tech stores and Best Buy have some mice available for hands on feel at the very least, just not of brands like Zowie, Mionix, or Ninox)

If you need a good pad, check out the japanese Artisan brand.

So long as you stick to their good products it shouldn't be a problem regardless, for example the G400 or G502 would be my only recommendations from Logi (but their support is second to none in the mouse market). As far as Razer, they only have 1 decent mouse, and that is the Deathadder. SteelSeries Rival is a great choice, the Mionix Naos or Avior 7000, Ninox Aurora, Zowie FK1, Roccat Kone, and there are other great mice out there.

This all being said, while I personally prefer the better quality sensors offered by the SS Rival, Zowie FK1, and Logi G502, I've found my hands acclimated better to the Zowie FK1 than the other 2, so in essence, just find what works best for YOU. I can sit here and tell you what sensors are better bla bla bla, but at the end of the day, even if the sensor is the best in the world, if it doesn't feel good in YOUR hands, then quite frankly it's not for you. While you want a good sensor, you need what feels best :)
(A lot of tech stores and Best Buy have some mice available for hands on feel at the very least, just not of brands like Zowie, Mionix, or Ninox)

If you need a good pad, check out the japanese Artisan brand.

I have an older Lachesis and it is the best fit for me. I like the weight and the crispness of the buttons.

I have an older Lachesis and it is the best fit for me. I like the weight and the crispness of the buttons.

Yea, I have a friend who is an absolute Razer fanboy and looooooooved his Lachesis, until it stopped working recently. He had to buy another mouse though because he couldn't find the Lachesis being sold directly from Razer. I think he ended up getting a Deathadder.

I used a Deathadder and didn't enjoy it at all. The buttons were too easy to press and it just felt cheap in my hand.

Thanks guys! :)

Tomorrow is Monday :(
Which means back to work, but also a trip to Canada Computers to see what they have :)

I know they have some Razor stuff, so I'll look for the Deathadder as well

I know you said "wired" but you have to at least look at this....

G602

Excellent mouse gaming or otherwise for $52.00 CAD cool.gif

Back