• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a new mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys! :)

Tomorrow is Monday :(
Which means back to work, but also a trip to Canada Computers to see what they have :)

I know they have some Razor stuff, so I'll look for the Deathadder as well

If all else fails, do what I did and find a couple mice that catch your eye, buy them all, find what you like best, then return or just resell the other mice :p

If all else fails, do what I did and find a couple mice that catch your eye, buy them all, find what you like best, then return or just resell the other mice :p

I'm doing that now (however I tend to never return any)

mice_zps69eb810c.png

Logitech G9x is my reference mouse still love the thing. Corsair Saber is pretty amazing only wish it had weights to make a little heavier. Asus Gladius not sure about yet feels a little to chunky I think

Are you a claw or palm grip? That'll help you narrow some of your selections down. For instance, I have a huge claw grip, so the Rat series mice are just awful for me. The razer Naga is my personal mouse of choice. Steel series makes some seriously cost effective mice, definitely check them out.

Are you a claw or palm grip? That'll help you narrow some of your selections down. For instance, I have a huge claw grip, so the Rat series mice are just awful for me. The razer Naga is my personal mouse of choice. Steel series makes some seriously cost effective mice, definitely check them out.

Never thought of that TBH, seems I'm a palm.
Thanks for the tip!

thobel, what are you? palm, claw?

Don't forget more fingertip grip users such as myself :D

1341454553883.png

Ah Im a fingertip user I suppose. Usually grouped into the "claw" category. Probably more dependent on hand size, my hands are pretty big so I can't palm or my hand lays over the mouse haha

For elucidation :

zJZeN.png

For palm grip, you can use pretty much everything luckily haha.

Heres a good palm grip mouse ->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826618010&cm_re=rat_3-_-26-618-010-_-Product

The design is a bit extreme, yes. But it was actually really comfortable. It was just too flat for me, so it was akward with a claw grip.

That looks like a crazy mouse I want it! lol
Bah, I would but I need to save up $$ since I get 2 weeks off for Christmas it seems :thup: :-/

If youre gonna go cheap, go cheap. Don't get a 20$ crap mouse with bad drivers, they literally wont last you very long.

If youre gonna go cheap, go cheap. Don't get a 20$ crap mouse with bad drivers, they literally wont last you very long.

Yes, I've noticed. *looks at current mouse*
At least the mouse pad is still okay :p

Christmas is soon, and I usually just ask for money anyway. I don't need presents and stuff. Gift cards and cash work for me, so I should be able to pick up a mouse after then :)

Yes, I've noticed. *looks at current mouse*
At least the mouse pad is still okay :p

Christmas is soon, and I usually just ask for money anyway. I don't need presents and stuff. Gift cards and cash work for me, so I should be able to pick up a mouse after then :)

Cool :)

Plenty of good mice out there, hard to go wrong.

Or go Zowie and don't mess with crappy not needed drivers anyway :D

Or go Zowie and don't mess with crappy not needed drivers anyway :D

Never heard of them.
But their mice are... simple looking yet look better? Dunno if that makes sense but it's like no extra unnecessary stuff.

Simple can be better they say.
Thanks!

as I said before, steel series are great mice for the money.

I'm a palm guy and I think it is very comfy. It is very simple, so it's not the best for MMOs

The Steel series are looking pretty good right now.
I don't play MMO's. Minecraft and Skyrim.

As long as it has the 2 programmable buttons on the side (which it does) I'm good. :D

Back