• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a USB video adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Hey guys.
I find myself needing a USB display adapter.
Sadly my docking station runs the DVI and DP parallel so I am unable to connect all 3 of my monitors.
My monitors have both DVI and DP but no HDMI.
I only have USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports no 3.1/Tunderbolt.

I dont need anything too fancy my monitors display resolution is 1920*1200.

Im searching newegg and most of what I see are 3.1 to DP.

i second the plugable adapters, i use them on machines at work as well they work great.

So I ended up going with one from wavlink https://www.newegg.com/wavlink-wl-ug3501d/p/2VF-000E-00005?Item=9SIA6PF3WN2351

Just arrived today and 3rd screen up and running. One of the 3 is miss matched. 2x HP LA2045WG and 1x HP LA2405X. I have the X in the middle as its the newest and brightest. I really need to get a decent triple display stand I dont like my main screen being so far back from me.

Still in the adjustment phase not sure I will keep all 3 going, but here we go.

How exactly do these work? From what I've found online, they only work if your computers display adapter supports multiple displays. Are there dedicated USB adapters that would work on any windows system regardless of the graphics hardware? Not trying to thread-jack, but it seems related.

They use DisplayLink technology for the usb to vid process. All the ones I've used act like a usb video card, show up in device manager as a display adapter.

Back