• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend motherboard GTX 460 SLI - no overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kirts

Hi all,

I'm planning on building a new PC based around a GTX 460 SLI setup. I'm not into overclocking (yeah I know this is overclockers.com!), so I don't need a mobo that has all the overclocking bells and whistles. I do, however, want something that is high quality and supports the latest Intel chips though. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Even though you don't want to overclock, get a Z77.

I'd recommend the Z77 Extreme4. It seems to be cheap and a lot of users like it. Not to mention, the new Intel chips could care less about the board for overclocking.

I was just looking at a few Z77's. I'm thinking this one looks pretty good. I really need a board with 2 PCIe x16 slots for my SLI setup. Any other recommendations would be great.

Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H

*edit* Sorry, saw you already recommended the Z77 Extreme4! Will take a look at that too.

Giga DS3H would be fine.. no need for UD5H.

Asrock Extreme 4 is solid as well, since you are not overclocking, extreme 3 will be good too.

Back