• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended 2x8GB, Anymore 2400 CAS 9?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasm

Hey guys, can you recommend a good set of 2x8GB ram? I was looking for 2400 CAS 9, but Newegg doesn't have any.

So now I am stuck between 2199 CAS 9 or slower 2400. Also, from reading, Samsung is better right now, so could someone identify 2400 samsung?

I did search, but a lot of references seem old and I don't know if they are still current.

One last thing, I notice that the G.Skill 2x8gb comes with what appears to be a ram fan. Is this required for normal use?

Thank you!

Are you benchmarking or something? Why the expensive speedy ram? If it's just for gaming grab some 1866/2133 cl9 and call it day.

Better IC's really only matter for overclocking...you doing that too?

Video editting and gaming.

As for overclocking, the first pc I built was overclocked on water. I had planned to overclock my second one, an i5-750 but never ended up doing it. This computer I would like to get back to overclocking and figured good memory would help. I don't build new pc's very often and make them last several years, so I was looking to buy better stuff to future proof.

Memory isn't a bottleneck though.your pc in 3 years won't be hurting because of 2400mhz ram vs 1866. ;)

Have you seen comparisons on whatever app you use to edit videos and see if it responds to faster memory?

Can you define "video editing"? Specifically the programs you're trying to use. Most mild video programs don't need "speedy" ram, just a lot of it at times; specifically when scaling and color correcting high resolution videos.

I don't think you will find 2400 CL9 2x8GB kit. TridentX 2400 CL10-12-12 2x8GB are also on Samsungs and some are running at CL9. Price is also not bad for a memory at these settings.
You can also take a look at Team Group or Mushkin 2x8GB kits. They are also making 2400 10-12-12.

Price of 2133 C9 is similar to 2400 C10. All depends from store but it's sometimes ~$5 difference.

You don't need fan for any memory running at 1.50-1.65V. It can be required if you set 1.8V+.

Last edited:
Back