• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well that Coolermaster Passes actual one with Quality...a little older though. You're alright 2-4year shelf life on electro's we use that as general thumb and guideline.
Probably newer ones are even ok. But yeah same thing like EVGA or Rosewill or something, or nice Seasonic.

Still have 8 years left on mine. It's a little beast. It had no problem running everything in my rig but with a mildly OC'd FX 8370 and OC'd GTX 1070 and four storage drives.

or Rosewill
Be careful. They have gotten better over the recent few years, but... can't close your eyes and pick a Rosewill like you can a Seasonic. EVGA Bronze lines are OK, but not great like the G2/G3/P2/P3. Their N lines are serviceableish...a budget line.

The EVGA G series aren't the cheapest out there, but in the 10 years mine is covered I could easily spend more replacing cheap PSUs that either fail outright or cause all kinds of problems throughout my rig. I've tried both ways and the more expensive EVGA is the cheapest-because I only have to buy one a decade, or constantly reinstall my OS. Not burning down my house is nice, too. LOL

That one I had ran for years...Would easily go back to them anytime. This coolermaster is about the best 750w I think Iv'e had...that is Rubycon or Panasonic capped I believe and they are quality, just about everyone has been, But I thought it was more of an Audio electro though. But they have been low esr.. I believe it.

I am still using the CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX that I bought in 2010. I originally bought it for my I7-870 build, but I recently updated my system with an AMD RYZEN 5 2600 on an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with 16 GBs of G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 Ram and an EVGA GTX 1060 3 GB video card. It is still running my system like a champ.

Yeah I have a Corsair TX750w from 2010 so even though it has been 100% flawless being used pretty much 24/7 for 9 years, I am looking for a replacement to stay ahead of the eventual failure. I just got the Gigabyte z390 Master which has 2 EPS on the board so I'm looking around right now. My system is in my sig so 750w has been fine but I think I want an 850w to just ensure my system is as quiet as possible. Any thoughts as it's now 2019 and the OP hasn't been updated in a while? Vega 64, 2 hard drive, 2 SSDs, 8700k at 5.2ghz, 4 DDR sticks, DVD, 9 i)nternal fans (be quiet! fans and a 200mm bigboy up top) AC3100 wifi card. I want this next power supply to last just as long as this Corsair TX750w did for me.

I'm looking at the Seasonic PRIME Ultra 850W 80+ Gold as it seems to have what I'm looking for. Thoughts?

Seasonic makes some very good units. They tend to be a little pricier than the EVGA units unless they're on sale, but solid units. I did notice EVGA's warranties are getting shorter on some units, though, while Seasonic is going the other way, offering 12 years warranty on some of their top line PSUs.

Seasonic makes some very good units. They tend to be a little pricier than the EVGA units unless they're on sale, but solid units. I did notice EVGA's warranties are getting shorter on some units, though, while Seasonic is going the other way, offering 12 years warranty on some of their top line PSUs.

That's an interesting fact I didn't notice so Seasonic it is. Thanks!

Excellent choice DaP. I've used the 550w and 650w versions and they are very nice. Hopefully it lasts as long as your TX.

Niiiice! I've got the Prime Titanium 650w in my current system. Doesn't even flinch under heavy gaming. With the Kill-o-watt under gaming it only pulls 320w and doesn't even get warm! I remember I was always having massive (1K) units in all my systems until I downgraded and got the 650w for the new build.

I managed to kill a Seasonic S12-650w years ago during a Forum War. No other components were harmed when it went & their RMA process was painless. I still use that 10 year old replacement PSU, but very infrequently & in a stock system.

Hopefully none of you will ever need to RMA, but good to know it isn't a hassle.

I remember I was always having massive (1K) units in all my systems until I downgraded and got the 650w for the new build.

I still sometimes look askance at my 550 watt EVGA. Previous build was an FX, so, 550 watt units were for those effeminate Intel chips, not the manly wattage of a Piledriver. :rofl:
So, when starting to assemble a benching rig for AM2-AM3+ platforms and saw a deal on a G1600 Lepa I went for it. I'm not sure I have to even plug it in to run the Athlon chips....

Back