• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended Status/Performance Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattMan657

Hey all. Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this. If it is feel free to move it if a mod deems appropriate.

I literally just completed my first solo build and so far so good. All fans are running great, nothing DOA, Win7 64bit up and running just fine and all drivers are a go. The first thing I really want to install is a performance and status monitor.

What are some good programs that allow you to see the CPU temp, fan speed, system info, etc. I'm sure this has been asked before but I guess my forum searching skills are rusty. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Here is my build if anyone has any tips or comments on improvements.
ASUS P8Z77 WS LGA1155 Mobo
Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz CPU (3.9 at turbo I believe)
EVGA Nvidia 680 4gig memory at 256bit
Intel 520 SSD 240gig (boot, drivers, key programs)
Seagate Constellation 1TB HDD (storage drive)
G.Skill Ripjawx X Series 16gig Memory (4x4gig DDR3 1866)
Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200w 80Plus Gold
Cooler Master HAFX Case
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler

Once I recoup funds I plan on getting another EVGA 680 for SLI and probably another 520SSD and Constellation.

This build would not have been possible if it wasn't for the wealth of info on these forums.

Go get CPU-Z it's the best for doing all that, and even testing stability after overclocking, which i hope your doing with that chip.

also i would have gone with samsung 840 pro series SSDs but intel ones are fine :p if you're going to upgrade it in the future i suggest the samsungs.
and i believe it's 4.0 at turbo, not 3.9. I'll go look on the box of mine :p

p.s. you can also use task manager for that to if you click on the tabs

Thanks for the recommendation. I will be overclocking in the future, I want to break in the computer first and get everything squared away before doing any OCing.

Samsung 840 pro better huh? I'll keep that in mind.

Quick question on CPU-Z, what fields does it give your CPU temp and fan speed?

Yeah, the samsung drives are among the top drives in the computing world, trust me on that.

I've never actually used CPU-Z, so i couldn't tell you from a first hand experience, i just know what i can do. (mac user over here, the only working PC i have is 15 years old...)

edit: just download it and give it a chance! :D

CPU-Z doesn't do any of those things, it only tells you about the speed the CPU and RAM are running at (as well as a couple other stats/facts about what is in place)

If you want to monitor temperatures/etc I would check out HWMonitor I believe made by the same people as CPU-Z (CPUID)

I've never used CPU-Z that's just some of the things i thought it did... D: obviously i was wrong, i can't wait to get my PC together so i can be more helpful for people :/

I've never used CPU-Z that's just some of the things i thought it did... D: obviously i was wrong, i can't wait to get my PC together so i can be more helpful for people :/

No worries, CPU-Z definitely looks like a useful program though, so I'm glad you mentioned it. Going to check out HW Monitor as I like the layout of CPU-Z.

Also, any good benchmarking tools for the Nvidia 680?

Interesting you recommend that.

What are some opinions on Asus Suite II? It looks like there are a lot of functions in there, however is this just bloat ware at the end of the day?

Back