• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redoing Case Fans...which to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

So I have 5 120mm (3 on my rad) and 2 92mm case fans plugged into my fan controller. The ones I have now are LED (cool at first, now annoying when I sleep) and I think kinda crappy.

I planned on buying 5x 120mm high speed Yate Loons. I figure they'll be loud and effective at full bore but I can run them at 50% for normal usage. Is there a better fan for that use or is that a good choice? I found them for $3.85 each so that's definitely a plus.

I couldn't find any Yate Loon 92mm fans so I have no idea what to get for that. I'd like something that works in a similar way (screemer at high RPM but works well with a controller) if possible. Any suggestions that are on the cheaper side?

EDIT: I'm also thinking about getting a MCP320 rad to replace my current BIXIII. Should I get the high density rad to go with the high speed Yate Loons or stick with the QP low density version?

I use Yate Loon L amd M's, and have heard good things about the Hs.
For 92s could you use an 80/92 to 120 adapter? Nexus and Thermaltake? have tham.
I think the Scythe Kama Flow 2 gets good performance/noise reviews.
Gelid Wing fans or Noisblocker are both very good and expensive.
NMB Hydrowave (PANASONIC) or Panaflow (also Panasonic, though louder), hearsay.
Nexus or Rexus .

Arctic Cooling are about the lowest price, not sure which models move the most air.

Good cases are inexpensive. I just started a thread on getting a good case for air cooling here.

Any case where you are constrained to 92mm fans is a case long past its prime. No cooling is better than its airflow. Get a better case before you buy any more fans.

Back