• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reformatting HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TBsteve

I built a new rig and we tested it with my friends windows 7 disc, since mine hasn't arrived yet, and now I'd like to get rid of his bootleg windows 7 and put in my legitimate one. I've never reformatted before though and I want to make sure I do everything correctly. Can anyone explain to me how to do this? Hopefully it's easy ;)

easy just go into bios set your dvd rom as first boot device,
stick your windows disk in the drive reboot and when you get the "click any button to load disk" hit a button on the keyboard,
windows will start to load the installer,
when you get to the install menu select custom install select the drive your going to install on and select format,
once thats done select the drive again and select it as the install drive and let it do its thing.

I don't know how to go to BIOS settings, as my PC turns on and loads extremely quickly. I never see where it says a key for BIOS settings :(

after restarting five or six times I found out what button it was and I button mashed >_>
problem solved w00t

Back