• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

repairing an mcp 655 pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ecthellion

is it possible to fix a pump motor and teh pump housing using sand paper, and if so what sand paper progression woud you or how would you rmove the scoring from the base of the pump housing and the impeller itself, anyt thoughts would be greatly apreciated. thanks

If your'e talking about sanding the bearing surface, those pumps use a ceramic ball as a bearing. I highly doubt you will be able to keep it round using sandpaper. I've never heard of anyone needing to re-smooth the bearings on these.

ok, was just wondering if the pumps would be able to be fixed or not, guess ill just toss em if they cannot be, tahnks again

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

i wasnt thinking about sanding that white bearing the impeller spins on but the metal that the impellor sits in, it has scoring on it, so i was thinking if i could smooth it out perhaps i could get the pump functioning again because i have a few pumps and was wondering if i could get them back in working order again, if not maybe ill just toss em

Ceramic is a very hard material. If you have more than one of the same pump then you may be able to put one impeller in another housing \ stator. Feel the ceramic ball on the housing side, if it feels coarse or like it is no longer round and smooth then it likely needs replacing. Still though, even if that is the case I wouldn't toss a pump, let alone a d5! If you have classifieds access I'd gladly arrange to buy your non-working pumps for parts. As for the rotor \ impeller side, you won't be able to really see the mating surface (bearing and rubber part) but perhaps you can put it on the shaft and rotate it slowly trying to feel very delicately for anything out of the ordinary. It takes a hand, eye, ear... for detail to pick up on these things and some people may have a hard time determining exactly where the issue is.

Back