• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Repairing RAID 0 array?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have never tried what you did but I have never been able to save a raid array changing boards. Since I run raid 10, a HDD failure is no problem but to swap out the entire array, never heard it done. Which is why I make full backups and keep a spare cloned drive. If you get this to work, It would be great to here how you did it. good luck.

stunt said:
I have never tried what you did but I have never been able to save a raid array changing boards. Since I run raid 10, a HDD failure is no problem but to swap out the entire array, never heard it done. Which is why I make full backups and keep a spare cloned drive. If you get this to work, It would be great to here how you did it. good luck.
I would love to... but it looks like its a lost cause. I managed to find some of the data on a couple backup discs, so its not a total loss, but theres still some things (namely some of my songs I created) that I will not be able to recover.

I had a kt133a board go bad while running a raid-0 and successfully recovered it with another board. Windows did the same thing.

I thought for a while and ended up using partition magic 8, it was able to see it and browse it, eventhough windows couldn't. Saved and all my data and I was good to go.

schnikies79 said:
I had a kt133a board go bad while running a raid-0 and successfully recovered it with another board. Windows did the same thing.

I thought for a while and ended up using partition magic 8, it was able to see it and browse it, eventhough windows couldn't. Saved and all my data and I was good to go.
Right on, I will give this a try now. Thanks.

schnikies79 said:

I love you.

This worked, and I recovered my data. :attn: :attn:

Back