• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for the stock Nvidia 6600 fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sjaak said:
True, true, but i believe there is too much enthousiasm in the conclusion/

I suppose, but at the end of the day it is up to each individual to do their research and make up their own mind.

What other alternatives are there?

About article - a good one, well written, nice to read.

And cooler - in my opinion in this case you pay $50 for the best cooler for this card.
5*C difference compared to already modified copper-based heatsink is a lot in my opinion. Memory OC difference is also noticable, looking at users opinions. I wouldnt be suprised to see >10*C or even 15*C+ difference comparing to stock cooler.

$15 for ATI Silencer - nice find I'd say. Unfortunatly there's no Silencer for 6600GT AGP.

Is this cooler worth $50... It probably is. Personally, I wouldn't buy it, because I haven't got that much money to spend on GPU heatsink and I can do some modding and I have tools. But for people who look for performance and don't want to use CPU cooler, Stasis seems to be a very good option.

The reason everyone is so enthusiastic about this product is because the man who putting all his hard effort into making these is an ocforums member. People want to show their support...

I was reading about how they built these and its just freakin scary.

However I think something that really didn't help stasis's case was sending a modded XFX cooler. One other thing is all Joe did was put this on his CPU die Simulator and crank up the heat. He also forgot to mention this cools the ram as well as the GPU.

Finally I believe there was a discount for Ocforums members.

Back