• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacing a hyper 212 evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gerardz

Just a quick question... Im looking to try a water cooling cpu for the first time with the corsair h100i. ATM i have a Hyper 212 EVO with stock fan, will i need to remove the brackets for it before i install the h100s or can they stay there without getting in the way?

I can't confirm 100% but I believe the H100i has it's own mounting bracket/attachment that you will likely need to remove the h212 one and replace with the Corsair one. Someone else here can likely confirm one way or the other.

Yes, it has a specific mounting that require you use there back plate

That is not to say it can not be done, if fact I have done it as i RMA my old 758 Classy and left the back plate on so I had to do some hardware store magic. Ended up getting better temps due to superior after market hardware ...... lol

Ok thank you for the replies. I have a HAF 922 if i remember correctly I believe there is a hole on the side of the case that gives you access to the mounting bracket for after market cpu coolers so hopefully i wont have to take out the whole mobo.

Back