• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Requesting a double check on parts list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MechaTech84

First things first, I read the beginners guide here, and a few on other forums as well. I have done a lot of research, and have finally gotten around to choosing parts. All the parts I selected are Copper as far as I can tell, although the fittings are brass, which if I remember correctly should be fine. I went with compression fittings because they seem easier secure correctly, and they are recommended by all the guides I read.

I am requesting that someone double check my parts list to see if I missed anything or if there will be any issues with what I've chosen. Currently I am only concerned with a single loop to cool the CPU.

My Rig:
Chassis - CM Storm Trooper
Motherboard - MSI 890FXA-GD70 (Included just in case)
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (AM3 Socket)

Parts:
Coolant - Distilled water (I won't be buying this online, so no link)
Biocide/additives -PT Nuke PHN
Reservoir - XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir for Laing D5
Pump - Swiftech MCP655 Watercooling Pump - w/ Speed Controller
CPU Block - XSPC Raystorm Mounting Kit for AMD AM2 / AM3 Processors
Radiator - XSPC RS240 - 2x120mm Dual Fan Radiator
Fittings - Bitspower Matt Black 1/2in. Compression Fittings for 3/4in. OD Tubing (x6)
Tubing - Tygon R3400 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD (8ft)

Did I get enough fittings, are they the right kind? Am I overbuying on tubing, should I be overbuying on tubing for ease of setup? If I wanted to expand in the future to watercool my GPU I would either have to run two loops or buy a different CPU block, right?

Last edited:
If I counted correctly you need eight not six fittings, everything else looked okay.

Do you already have the Raystorm block? That's just a mounting kit, it doesn't come with the block itself.

I thought it looked a little cheap, I was hoping I was just lucky, but ah well. So is this the part I need to go with it?
XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel)

So I need everything on the original list, in addition to the above CPU block and two more compression fittings, is this correct?

Musicfan is absolutely correct. The block they posted has the mounting bracket for AMD. The one MT84 posted is strictly for Intel and would require the separate purchase of the AMD bracket. Dunno why SideWinder doesn't seem to carry the block that comes with the AMD bracket already...

Thank you guys so much! I will probably order this tomorrow, so if anyone notices something or has any suggestions please let me know ASAP. Here's the final part list:

Parts:
Coolant - Distilled water (I won't be buying this online, so no link)
Biocide/additives -PT Nuke PHN
Reservoir - XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir for Laing D5
Pump - Swiftech MCP655 Watercooling Pump - w/ Speed Controller
CPU Block - XSPC RayStorm CPU/APU WaterBlock - AMD
Radiator - XSPC RS240 - 2x120mm Dual Fan Radiator
Fittings - Bitspower Matt Black 1/2in. Compression Fittings for 3/4in. OD Tubing (x8)
Tubing - Tygon R3400 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD (8ft)

One thing though, I noticed the CPU block says it has G1/43 Threads, is this a typo or a more detailed notation, or is this something I should be worried about for compatibility?

Thanks for all the help guys! I am going to go ahead and order this since some of the parts are almost out of stock. I appreciate all the advice, this wouldn't be possible for me to do alone!

Thanks for thinking and using your brain.

Any time. :D

Back