• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reservoir / Water cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FullFade

Hey there,

I'm new to the forum and wasn't sure where to post this thread, but anyways I was wondering: I got my PC back in January and since then my water cooling has been fine, no leaking nothing. But over the 5-6 months my reservoir has slowly been losing liquid. I refilled it in about March and it's about 4cm down from being full. Now I'm wondering if this is normal or there is a leak that I don't know of or something else. I don't know if this is important or not but I have green liquid if that makes a difference from clear liquid. So if anyone could tell me if it's normal for your reservoir to lose liquid over time. I read about liquid evaporating but wasn't sure that it would evaporate that quickly, well I'm not sure. ( I also have soft tubing if that makes another difference ;) )

Evaporation is normal. Do not use a linear measurement to gauge by, use volume, it makes it easier for us to see if your loss is normal or not.
I lose about an ounce a month on my systems.

Ahh okay, thank you. I was just worried when looking at it and seeing that some liquid was lost :)

Its normal. Bubbles work their way out and evaporation. I refill my res every 3-6 months, depending if or when its needed. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have a monthly inspection. Have a look around, etc. I started weekly at first, than monthly, etc. Once you get comfortable with the loop and you've had it for a while your inspections are lessened but your maintenance still needs to be on par.

Okay, thank you. I will probably refill it soon and hopefully get in the habit of doing so.

Back