• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rest in Peace

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I just spilled about 300mL of water on my laptop. It went right in the cooling vents.

I took the battery out right away but since the CMOS battery is still in there I think I'm screwed.

Luckily the laptop was free with Airmiles Rewards. Still, I'd only had it since May.

This was a sudden and unexpected loss.

My laptop's favorite website was OCF and its favorite color was fuchsia. We enjoyed long walks on the beach and going on vacation together.

She will be missed. :rain::rain:

Just let it dry out real well and give it a try. We'll hold out hope it can be rescusitated

I would open up the case as much as possible pull all the doors and what not and KB and put the thing over a warm air register.

Water is nonconductive. Dirt in water not so much.

I would open up the case as much as possible pull all the doors and what not and KB and put the thing over a warm air register.

Water is nonconductive. Dirt in water not so much.

Agreed. Take off whatever covers you can to let it air out, don't touch it for at least a handful of days.

ItsAlive.jpg

Plugged her back in today after 5 or 6 days of dryout and she's alive!

Woohoo!!!! Nice n' congrats!

As a seasoned ruiner of hardware, just had a feeling about this one ;)

PS- Great movie!

thanks for the kind words, friends. I'm glad she's alright. She was just a youngin'. Manufactured in February and delivered to me in early May. We'd spent so little time together, and she kept me company on a trip to Europe.

Back