• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rev 4 Beta Server is Up (Almost)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Seems so many people are trying to access the thing that it doth protest. Anyway, here's Massman's post from the bot:

A bit later than planned, but here it is: http://uat.hwbot.org/

Some important notes.

First, as you can see at the bottom of the site, we are still running a beta version of the R4 code (HWBOT v4.0.0-SNAPSHOT build 3115). In practical terms, it means that this public test server is to show you the concept of revision 4 (layout, etc) and the final hwboint algoritms. Some pages are still in development and some are finished but not added to this build.

Secondly, the rankings. The algoritms you see on the test server are final. The rankings are not entirely up-to-date since we're not running a live version of the database, but a full backup of a couple of days ago. This means that submitting a result will have no effect.

Important! Do not submit any benchmark results on our test server. These will not be added to the result database and will be lost once we install a new build on the server.

The rankings:

- Pro OC = ∑ [top-15 (global + wr)]
- OC = ∑ [top-15 (global +wr) + top-20 (hardware)]
- Enthusiast = ∑ [top-15 (global) + top-20 (hardware)] (only results on stock, air or water and with picture of system)

- Teams league = ∑ {powerteam (global + hardware) + [user points (global + hardware) / 10}

As for: the Overclockers League: the new algoritm has no hw cap. Instead of using a hardware cap, we've limited the hardware points contribution to your personal total to SUM(top-20 hw results). So, the maximum hw points you can reach is 20x50=1000p. But, to reach that, you'll have to be 1st in 20 highly competitive rankings!

To check the powerteam ranking, just click on 'best of team' in each ranking. The results will then be filtered on unique team (instead of user).

pt.png

The point distribution of the powerteam rankings is not yet clearly visible in this version of the test server. The algoritm used to calculate the team powerpoints is the same like we use to calculate user points, but with different constants and offset points.

As said, the weight between powerteam and user points is 10/1, but in absolute figures they are pretty much balanced at the moment. Some teams have big user contribution, but lower powerteam and other teams the other way around. Grinding will still help, but for each individual 10x slower than it does now. Fyi, what K404 did a few days ago (massive amount of top-5 results) is pretty much golden for revision 4 as those rankings are highly competitive powerteam rankings.

As for the different user rankings: if you want to see the effect of switching from one league to another, you can choose the ranking you want to participate in from your user profile settings: http://uat.hwbot.org/profile/.

As for those who wonder about the Pro OC League, here's a short explanation I gave to *censored* a few days ago. It pretty much sums up what it's all about.
The easiest question to answer: "Would my benching on the bot help my team at all?". Yes. Always. Even if you're ranked, as an individual, in the Pro OC league your points will still contribute to the team total. The split in R4.0 is the basic outlining of how we vision pro and amateur overclocking to evolve into. For further revisions we have some ideas to differentiate in a more, ehm, elegant manner, but whether or not we can actually implement those ideas directly or if they need more finetuning is something we have to decide based on the feedback we get.

One 'problem' now is that Pro OC scores technically still affect amateur rankings. An elegant solution is to completely separate those either basing the Pro ranking on the same weight variables as the amateur rankings or on a fixed distribution (like 3DWR points now). And of course how that would affect the team contribution etc.

The second question is perhaps more important, but harder to clearly define. Currently, there is no clear outlining on who's considered pro and who isn't. Or even who should go into that separate league and who shouldn't. Currently, I'm moving those people who work almost exclusively with sponsored hardware and only for pure marketing-related overclocking to that league as that's what it was designed for. This is for instance KP, Hicookie or Elmor. I think for the first couple of weeks we'll see who wants to join and how the flow works exactly (many or little overclockers making the jump, etc ...). Except for the group mentioned earlier, we don't intend to force people in either league.

When proposing this for the first time to vendors, we also got the question what to do with review samples. That is quite simple: we have no interest in either tracking all review samples or vetoing against sending a specific person specific hardware. What we asked vendors is to honor the Pro OC league by focussing the marketing-overclocking events (eg: sending super-binned hardware) as much as possible in that league and leave the hobbyist rankings as they are. We also explicitly said that there's no problem with sending anyone a mainboard or a vga card. In your particular situation, this all boils down to: we do not have the slightest problem with you getting any samples or you choosing for the normal oc'er ranking. If you feel Pro and want to join, okay. If you feel Pro is a bit out of your reach at the moment, feel free to compete at the top of the non-pro ranking.

From the sneak peeks of the rankings, I can say that getting into the top-20 of the Overclockers League is not 'much easier' with all the top dogs gone

As a last not, I'm currently fiddling with the points for the different applications. Rev4 allows us to give benchmarks either no points, hardware+global points or either hardware or global points. A few minutes ago, we gave 5 benchmarks 'hardware points' (eg: PCmark vantage and 3dm11 performance) and I also removed global points from CPU-Z validation (hw points only). The engine needs to do a recalculation first, so i don't think the effect is already noticeable.

Anyways, have fun and let us know your feedback! We'll keep you updated when installing new builds!

If anybody is able to get through, please let us know how the team does with the new algorithm!

To see answers to questions already asked, see here: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25620

Pics incoming

Team Page: We are #13 but this is using an older database so we don't know exactly where we will stand.

ix7FL.jpg.png

And most likely the only time I will ever see myself as #1 (even if it is an error, lol)
MvIHF.jpg

My points went down by about 1 point.

Seems to be working great now, much faster than Rev.3. Sadly we're right back down below XS and, umm... Madshrimps? They were five places below us in Rev. 3. Looks like we have some work to do.

First person that figures out what we need to be doing to maximize every boint in the new revision gets a cookie!

Personal points didn't change a bit, maybe a point or two here and there.

Ha, I went from 214th to 166th, I'm a fan.

edit: Top 20 results in hardware categories.

Interesting, looks like the biggest impact is on total hardware points by member, I just lost 50% of my hardware points , or maybe I'm seeing it wrong :(
I cannot seem to find a view where I can see all OCF members in one list?

Essentially we need to beat other team's scores in hardware categories. The normal grinding still functions too, but only at 10%.

Interesting, looks like the biggest impact is on total hardware points by member, I just lost 50% of my hardware points , or maybe I'm seeing it wrong :(
I cannot seem to find a view where I can see all OCF members in one list?

I can't see a list either, I'm guessing it is NYI at this point.

I just found that my wife has an 8800gt in the PC that I built her a couple years ago. I wish I had a nice SB setup to grab some easy boints on it.

Sucked that we back to #13 again, I did not expect us to dropped that much

Again, this is an outdated database though, so it is likely that we will gain points/ranks when the live database is loaded.

I got shafted for this new revision. Went from 400-ish to 580-something

Just says that you have to bench high-boint stuff instead of a bunch of different hardware. Lamesauce.

To be in the Top 10 theoretically we'll need to place in the top 10 in the hw ranks. Or at least beat the teams that are ahead of us in the hwranks. Main points are geterated from team competition. We can also find unique hardware to milk points. But you still gain points for competition, 2pt gold cup all by your self doesn't do much.

Solo rank should be interesting as its now your top 20 submissions instead of a 300 point cap. Allowing for far more hwpoints instead of 300+globals.

//going to take some time to get used to the view.

Edit:
OC League "best 15 global & worldrecord submissions, and the best 20 submissions with the most 'hardware' and 'competition' points. ".

Might explain why some people lost a bunch of points.

Last edited:
Solo rank should be interesting as its now your top 20 submissions instead of a 300 point cap. Allowing for far more hwpoints instead of 300+globals.

I still see the 300 HW point cap though, looking at mine for example?

Points earned
Global Points: 221.90
Hardware Points: 455.80 (limited to 300 points for personal total points)
Total Points: 521.90

this is a nice way of hwbot of telling me stop being scared and pushed that i7 to the number spot already lol, i dropped 2 ranks in both team and US, but went down 7 in the world.

Hmm...I don't know why I would jump so far up the rankings...is it b/c a lot of people are in the Pro League now?

I went from 554th in the world to 285th; from 78th in the US to 40th; and from 15th to 8th on the team using the 300 pt cap.

From the 5 minutes I've been poking around, I really like the new layout.

I would stand to drop about 20 boints. But went UP on the team to 21st and up in the USA from 104 to 83, and wrodl from 751 to 552.

The 300 point cap is a typo in the css according to the thread on HWBot.

Back