• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Revamping System to Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninegoodthings

Registered
I just bought a new system with the intention of overclocking it, but I didn't do enough research :rolleyes: Now I have to replace some parts. Here's what I have on board now:

AMD XP 3200+
2x512 PQI 3200 2.5-3-3-7
Aibt NF7-S
ATI AIW 9600

From what I've been reading the XP series is not good for overclocking and that I should be looking for a Mobile chip instead. What's the highest performing mobile chip out there?

Also, I meant to get the PQI 3200 2-2-2-5, but I screwed up, so I will be getting those instead. The PQIs I have right now top out at 220 fsb :-/

Finally, I think the mobo and graphics card are pretty good - certainly the next step up in the AIW series would be a LOT more money.

I guess basically, I want to know what the best AMD Mobile proc is for OCing and to make sure that it'll play nice with the ram and my mobo.

Back