• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

richland comming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
i just saw this over at planet3dnow.de are they a trusted source?

original source

˝First benchmark results on desktop APU "Richland" in circulation

The Trinity successor to Richland to appear more this quarter and so it's little surprise that initial benchmark results are surfaced on the Asian side EXPreview. The current under the name A10-6700 processor is therefore the A10-5800 K in the 3DMark life difficult.
According to the screenshots, the Richland APU is also the Intel Core i5-3570 K down. But here even the generation of Trinity front has a nose as long as no dedicated card is installed. Unfortunately, the partial result of the 3DMark 'Ice storm' for the Intel processor is missing the following overview.

Fire strike Cloud Gate Ice storm
AMD A10-6700 1131 6450 67462
AMD A10-5800 K 919 5645 56098
Intel Core i5-3570 K 630 5348

The values show a significant performance increase, although the architecture is not significantly changed. Accordingly, the A10-6700 by 15 to 30% by the A10 can-5800 K and the Intel Core i5-depose 3570 K even by up to 80%. The power consumption of the system at this point would of course interesting, that we have to wait probably until the official release of the new generation of APU.˝

Most everything I searched and read said they were launched mid March of this year. What in heck 'launched' really means is unknown. Can the OEMs get them? How long until DIY could get one? I did not see such information.
RGone...

Yes, I think it means that initially the OEMs get them and then not too long after they start to appear in the retail sector.

Back