• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Rig o' The Month - August 2012 (Concluded)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig is your favorite out of the five linked in the OP?

• Post # 6 - skeeg's Silverstone build

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Post # 12 - BlueZero5's Project Wraith

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Post # 15 - mwindham08's Computer-in-a-Desk

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • Post # 18 - Conumdrum's Banchetto Test Station

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Post # 36 - MybadOmen's Mass Effect 3

Votes: 32 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
guess i need moar led's or water on my gpu! lol jk them are some purdy builds i couldnt compete even if i wanted :D

guess i need moar led's or water on my gpu! lol jk them are some purdy builds i couldnt compete even if i wanted :D

I know what you mean. There is no way anyone without a water loop would ever win this.
There should be catagories like;
A. Best water loop build
B. Best stock build
C. Best homemade setup (using whatever)

or use other terms like
A. Most classy/stylish build
B. Best design/configuration
C. Most innovative

Just don't seem like there can be a all around best when you have different taste while others have limited budgets, leaving those who can spend the most for the most radical rig sitting at the top.

I'll go ahead and put mine in here since it was built just last month, but it aint nothin to write home about. Photos were took before cable mgmt and GPU support column installed, as well as side window.
August2012 034.JPG

August2012 038.JPG

August2012 037.JPG

Finished my build, added a Red Cold Cathode Haf x case, H-100
4.jpg
wirerouted.jpg
5.jpg

the 2 comps left and right are gone and replaced just not shown in pic, but set up is same, Haf X is in the left comps spot, I'll try to get a new pic or everything soon
6.jpg

each good in their own ways..

Function wise, Bluezero5 Wraith with custom bios / GPUC is sick beyond belief.
Look wise, the computer in the desk looks slick, but I have seen that before.
Clean look wise Corundrum's is very clean.

I liked BadOmen's design.. until he added the window.. that spoiled it a little.. went from cool to cartoony. but still very nice.

I wish I can vote 3 times!

Wow PolePosition, you jumped on that case as soon as it came out!

Save the new build posts guys. Once this month's is over, I'll put one up for September. :)

I know what you mean. There is no way anyone without a water loop would ever win this.

Just don't seem like there can be a all around best when you have different taste while others have limited budgets, leaving those who can spend the most for the most radical rig sitting at the top.

dang, i was just kidding, that would require them to dish out more prizes wouldnt be easy on them since this is coming from them its all in good fun bro theres 12 chances a year to win :attn:

and to everyone else i was genuinely joking about my above post i wasnt trying to insinuate anything, i honestly didnt think my build would make the cut its not that pretty lol them other ones are much cleaner than mine :thup:

Wow PolePosition, you jumped on that case as soon as it came out!

It was like this; either wait who knows how long till the price drops, then everyone jumps on them and they're sold out, or settle for something less $$ which I wouldn't be happy with, or take the plunge. It was the versatility/features offered and the height which sold me on it, plus the quality. I thought I had bought the most expensive case on the planet until I found out about Mountain mods and that other place and realized people can spend much more on a case, but then, they get much more too.
My rig sits on my desk, not on the floor, and has a bookcase above.

Featured on our homepage and Facebook, plus a custom title denoting their win. Oh, and bragging rights. :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back