• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rma sabertooth x79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1 ASRock X79 Extreme6 is a fine board and then you can give me the rest of the money you don't spend JK. With the money left over you can save up for the new video cards coming out.

the 550$ budget to was to make sure nothing was left out by price. i have a full builds worth of budget and only need to make a few small upgrades

If you have the cash to spend and want a great looking case check out some of the Mnt mods cases. I love the Pinnacle. I would love to get one for my next case. I just bought a corsair c70 to fit in my build budget, but I do see a Pinnacle in the near future.

If you have the cash to spend and want a great looking case check out some of the Mnt mods cases. I love the Pinnacle. I would love to get one for my next case. I just bought a corsair c70 to fit in my build budget, but I do see a Pinnacle in the near future.

i was looking for something with some more mounting option for radiators

how do you like ur rampage iv extreme?

i was looking for something with some more mounting option for radiators

how do you like ur rampage iv extreme?

Shoot man. You could put a quad and a triple rad in that thing lol. How much radiator do you need?:p
I'll have to get back to you on the R4E. Right now it's still sitting in the closet.
The parts in my sig are a new build I'm working on and the rest of the parts will be here now through Sat. My i7 3820 and nzxt sentry 2 showed up today. My Asus monitors and second GTX 670 showed up yesterday. I've had the R4E for a couple weeks now. I'm still waiting on my c70, memory, and water cooling parts to show up...
Hopefully it's up and running this weekend.:D

i feel to make sure its enought cooling my current plan is to have at least 5x120 in some configuration, which wont be decided till i pick a case. for to long i have machines running hot and im tired of it, going for a total unnecessary amount of radiator. to give u an idea i was toying with getting one of these and making it a fixture of the room

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...rnal_Water_Cooling_System.html?tl=c83s138b200

now that i think would handle it! Since i just bought a house this week gotta move in to see if i have a wall for it to go on

^^ Yep. You're going to need some room for that thing. Kind of reminds me of bong cooling back in the day... :)

So it looks like I'm sending the c70 back...
All this talk about the Pinnacle I had to order one. I got the Pinnacle 18 in brushed aluminum and an HDD tray...
Welp time to change the sig again....

So it looks like I'm sending the c70 back...
All this talk about the Pinnacle I had to order one. I got the Pinnacle 18 in brushed aluminum and an HDD tray...
Welp time to change the sig again....

On the plus side, you're not going to need a new case for years. :p

yea thats my plan, buy a case that will last for years and hopefully a couple rad's that will last too

TonyMc you havent tested the board yet?

yea thats my plan, buy a case that will last for years and hopefully a couple rad's that will last too

TonyMc you havent tested the board yet?

No. And now that I ordered the pinnacle it will probably set me back a couple days...:eek:
I did have to call Mnt mods this morning though because I forgot to order grills and the accompanying nuts and bolts....:eek::eek:

I do need to get that board tested though before my 30 day return is up...:p

please speak you mind bud :D

but spending alot of money on a MB makes you feel like a man lol ---End Quote---

It doesn't have anything to with feeling superior. It's about feeling good about the purchases you make. You need to be happy with what you're upgrades or what's the point?
I wanted a R4E so I bought one. The OP is entitled to buy what he wants just as you are.
It looks like you have some great gear in your sig and I bet you were pretty happy when you first bought it and put it all together.
This community is about helping each other and throwing in the occasional brag-about-your-new-gear doesn't hurt.
Heck if I had the money I would buy an EVGA SR-X, a couple Xeons to go with it, slap it all in a mountain mods ascention and water cool everything just for the sake of doing it.

Emotions and purchases don't mix. You should buy what scientifically and logically makes the most sense, not what you "feel" right.

I just don't like the "brag-about-my-new-gear" attitude. Hell, I could build a SR-X with a few Xeons if I wanted to...but it just seems like an irresponsible waste of money knowing that I would never use it to it's potential. I haven't upgraded my machine in 3.5 years (except for the SSD) simply because it does everything I want it to at a performance level that I find acceptable.

Btw, the OP bought the R4E because he found an incredible deal on a refurbished model IIRC.

^ yep, for me my hardware is nothing to brag about anymore but in a few years ill upgrade. :D

My rig is 2 years old and it does every thing I need it to for gaming and surfing on the net and also a game server. I also like to help people get what they need and not waste there money if they don't need it this year, there is always next year to buy more if needed.

Back