• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rma sabertooth x79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
please speak you mind bud :D

but spending alot of money on a MB makes you feel like a man lol ---End Quote---

It doesn't have anything to with feeling superior. It's about feeling good about the purchases you make. You need to be happy with what you're upgrades or what's the point?
I wanted a R4E so I bought one. The OP is entitled to buy what he wants just as you are.
It looks like you have some great gear in your sig and I bet you were pretty happy when you first bought it and put it all together.
This community is about helping each other and throwing in the occasional brag-about-your-new-gear doesn't hurt.
Heck if I had the money I would buy an EVGA SR-X, a couple Xeons to go with it, slap it all in a mountain mods ascention and water cool everything just for the sake of doing it.

I did, but then thought maybe I took your comment the wrong way. I guess I didn't.
I was trying to be nice about it, but.......

I work hard for my money and will buy what ever the hell I feel like buying. I always have and don't feel the need to justify or explain myself.

Hows that?..... Bud

Last edited:
Emotions and purchases don't mix. You should buy what scientifically and logically makes the most sense, not what you "feel" right.

I just don't like the "brag-about-my-new-gear" attitude. Hell, I could build a SR-X with a few Xeons if I wanted to...but it just seems like an irresponsible waste of money knowing that I would never use it to it's potential. I haven't upgraded my machine in 3.5 years (except for the SSD) simply because it does everything I want it to at a performance level that I find acceptable.

Btw, the OP bought the R4E because he found an incredible deal on a refurbished model IIRC.

Knufire.
Around 80% of purchases are based on emotion. What you should do and what you actually do are two different things.
Same reason why people will buy a Mercedes when a Sentra will get the job done(probably with better fuel economy and reliability too).
If you buy purely on scientific principle you're an exception to the rule and I applaud you, but most of the world does not work that way.
Like I said... I work hard for my money and shouldn't be chastised for spending it on what I want...
I make a good a living and don't forego my responsibilities at home so I'm good.:thup:
If you have to live on top-Ramen for a month to buy a new piece of gear, then yeah... You may want to rethink your priorities...

My rig is 2 years old and it does every thing I need it to for gaming and surfing on the net and also a game server. I also like to help people get what they need and not waste there money if they don't need it this year, there is always next year to buy more if needed.

that fine and well but my board isn't working. i hate refurbished anything, used and refurb aren't the same thing. ontop of that i owe someone some hard ware, they didnt want cash. so thats why im looking for a new x79 board :thup:

oh and i got money for next year :popcorn:

that fine and well but my board isn't working. i hate refurbished anything, used and refurb aren't the same thing. ontop of that i owe someone some hard ware, they didnt want cash. so thats why im looking for a new x79 board :thup:

oh and i got money for next year :popcorn:
leighspped.
You have to go with what you're happy with because you're the one that's going to be using it, not someone else and you don't want to be second guessing yourself when it's all said and done...:thup:

Admittedly I wont use half the features on my R4E, but it's what I wanted. Would I have bought it if I didn't get it at a discount? Probably not. I was going to go with an ASRock x79, but found a refurbed R4E instead. Just the way it worked out...
I don't feel especially "manly" about it. I just got a good deal...:D

Last edited:
leighspped.
You have to go with what you're happy with because you're the one that's going to be using it, not someone else and you don't want to be second guessing yourself when it's all said and done...:thup:

Admittedly I wont use half the features on my R4E, but it's what I wanted. Would I have bought it if I didn't get it at a discount? Probably not. I was going to go with an ASRock x79, but found a refurbed R4E instead. Just the way it worked out...
I don't feel especially "manly" about it. I just got a good deal...:D

lol don't feel the need to be manly: since i found out a few days ago my gf is 15 weeks prago.......... i have a job that week keep earning money as long at the econ doesn't start reaching 15% growth per quarter and anyways it would still be a growing biz because of the change in market....

oh and if that sh!ts the bed i have a bid of a trust fund

:facepalm:
so there's that

im not asking for the best budget board im asking for an amazing board that's it.

i have the feeling the ROG is going to put out a new board in a few weeks so i was hoping someone who buys equipment on the reg might have some suggestion

Last edited:
Back