• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMAing my maxtor 80gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

hey guys, I have a maxtor 80gb drive that I tried partitioning a few weeks ago, and after loading windows and all my drivers. It said my drive was only 40gb, so i tried another format, and installed windows and all my drivers again, then it went down to 31gb. So I tried for a good week recovering the lost hd space to no avail. I have a 1 year warranty on the drive, so i tried calling the number they provide on the warantee page to get a stupid answering machine, that once i left the message it just hung up on me. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have ever returned a maxtor drive under warranty, and how you went about doing it? thanx

About 2 months ago, I RMAed an 80 gig maxtor, you have to run their diagnostic program first, and if that says it is dead, you get a special number. Call up the support, I was able to talk to a person, and give them the code.

ok, sounds good! could you give me a link to this diagnostics program so i can see if my hard drive is actually dead? thanx

Back