• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB (Whisteling sound from fans)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kempelito

As the topic says, anyone have experience with ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB or with ASUS RGB fans 120mm? I think they are fine but there is like a whisteling sound coming from them.
I tried stop them (there is 3 mounted on my radiator on top) and the whisteling sound disappears. I stop them 1 by 1 and the whisteling noise is being reduced.

Should i contact ASUS for replacement of the fans or should i just consider other RGB 120mm fans that could be even better on my radiator?

EDIT: I bought the AIO 3 weeks ago, brand new.

I would contact ASUS. Are the fans doing that at all speeds? Is PWM functioning properly? For that price the thing should be flawless.

I would contact ASUS. Are the fans doing that at all speeds? Is PWM functioning properly? For that price the thing should be flawless.

Sending a supportmail right away.
Yeah, at 800 rpm which i suppose is the lowest i can get them, i hear it, but its very tiny. I hear the whisteling sound louder as the RPM goes higher. Its like the noise and fan sound is working parallely.
I have Smart fan 5 (in bios) set to Auto. Should i change that to PWM instead along with the pump?

it could be due to air moving through the vents on the case

it could be due to air moving through the vents on the case

I have Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified and i was wondering aswell if it could be like the holes on the top of the chassie that could make this whistle sound. how to get rid of that though :shock: i assume i cant

You mean through this:

lion.PNG

But i removed the top so i just could see the radiator blowing towards my face due fans is just under it pushing out air and i could still hear the whistleing sounds clearly

Last edited:
it may be the air whistling through the radiator as well. I have the non-xl version of that case

You can try it... not sure it will help or not. But it can't hurt.

I Ran PWM yesterday on all fans and well i wasnt disturbed by the whisteling noise, maybe it was reduced due to lower fan levels.
Its not completely gone, but its better.

it may be the air whistling through the radiator as well. I have the non-xl version of that case

Exactly what i was wondering aswell. That could be it. How to solve that situation. Re-position the radiator?

FYI: Noticeble difference with PWM set in BIOS on all fans. Fans running calmer (manual fan curve set already since earlier) but PWM made them calmer

Back