• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest - Sign Up Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Username: WonderingSoul

Been folding for Team32 for about a year or so, decided to use my main desktop for Rosetta

username= Donut

I've been around for a couple years now, (time flies when your having fun.) I haven't been active lately, but with the cooler weather coming...

I'm a Boilermaker by trade, but due to injury, I haven't worked in the past couple of years. To keep busy I've been trying to get my old pick-up somewhat respectable/reliable.

I started running Rosie when we were paid a visit by marauding pirates. Did run Seti and some folding. Guess I've been doing some DC project for 6 or 8 yrs now. (various teams)

BTW- Hi all!:D and :welcome:to the new crunchers

Everyone to this point added to the Event Roster. 21 entries so far.

hey my connection is not always on do i lose being apart of the drawing if i dont get 1000+ rac its ok i am having issues atm.

There's an event discussion thread for this kind of stuff HERE.
But no. If you have registered and you crunch enough throughout the contest to get 3000pts(ie: 1 entry) then it won't matter what your RAC is. You'll will be entered in the draw. That being said, obviously you want as many entries as possible to boost your chances.

OK, back on topic. Registration only in this thread please.

user name: Screaming_Fork

I used to fold@home alot, this is a new program for me. I hope I signed up correctly, I was in the army for 4 years. currently I'm going to college at sfsu.

Username: pixie

Info: Relatively a newcomer to OCF. I joined OCF Folding Team on January '08. Discovered R@H when we were almost boarded by TPF(although I did come in late) and have been going back and forth between F@H and R@H ever since. I do other less popular projects like GPUGRID, Docking@Home, and POEM@Home whenever F@H or R@H servers go down... or simply piss me off for one reason or another. :eek: Oh, and always ready to give our Disctrict 9 friends a hand for their F@H support <3.

Throwing everything to the fleet on the 15th...

Last edited:
I was wondering when you were going to join in on the fun, Pixie. :D

With the awesome powa at your grasp I knew it was just a matter of time before you joined the RAC Harvest contest.:thup:

Everyone to this point added to the Event Roster. 23 entries so far.

And yes, it was a relief when Pixie finally signed up. :) I was eagerly awaiting it to say the least.

username: ohiosurfer

Prior to Rosetta, I was involved in several "Other DC Projects" including EulerNet, 17 or Bust, NetDIMES, CPDN & Ubero. Currently, I have only 1 computer running Rosetta, but I have plans to expand my farm in 2010 (making my resolution early :beer:).

Username: bounty29

About me: I've been a member for quite a while, I lurk quite often, and try to keep current. I built my current machine early this year but haven't gotten around to OCing it all the way. I've been doing lots of benching and testing recently, making progress. I did both Folding@Home and Seti@Home for a while, and I don't need much motivation to do this kinda of thing, and this contest was more than enough. I'll be using this machine and my girlfriends, which has an Athlon 64 X2 7750 and a Radeon HD 4670.

Everyone to this point added to the Event Roster. 26 entries so far.

Welcome Ohiosurfer, ozzlo and bounty. :welcome:

Hell ozzlo, it's still messing with proteins. ;) And the BOINC client has matured into a pretty darn decent and reliable app too.

Which was more than I could say about the various F@H clients I messed with when I was folding. Hopefully Stanford has finally improved on that aspect of their project. :)

username: grunion
Been f@h elsewhere, became interested in boinc.
F@H team has no Boinc team, so here I am.
That and I'm stalking the Wicked Pixie.

username: Molnarc
I've participated in the World Community Grid projects for several years. This sounded interesting for a short term project.

Is there still room for me? :)

Username: N-Zane-B

I'm a Seti cruncher (or District 9 Friend as Pixie stated) You can count on everything I've got at my disposal (with exception of the GPU's it looks like)

And Bad, just so you know, I better win that navig station... j/k :D (now it will look really suspicious if I do win it)

Everyone to this point added to the Event Roster. 29 entries so far.

Yes nzaneb, there's always room for you. And these stations are awesome! I don't blame you for wanting it. This particular station was the first one navig built for me. I used it almost exclusively for benching on air. I've since fitted my 2nd Navig Station with an rad and pump and reservoir so I can do air and water easily off the same bench. I no longer have room for this one in my one bedroom condo unfortunately.

Back