• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sadly enough my connection was disconnected today
i didn't expect it to be disconnected til monday so from now on i'm just useing my cell as a modem for a month or so til i get settled in my new place
but as soon as my connection is up and running in my new place at least one pc will be going 24/7 again

edit

i will however try to upload some results before the harvest is done to get the team as high up as possible ;)

I guess their servers occasionally go down too as my i7 only has 4 instances running ATM. It's too bad as I only have 4 more days left here.:( Oh well, at least I helped a bit and had fun too!:soda::comp: I'll be on time for the next one.;):salute:

Last edited:
my computer has been without internet for 2 days, I came home just in time as it was just starting work on the last wu's in the queue.

Well, it's been a busy week for me so I haven't done an update in a while. I guess first off, congratulations on overtaking Ars Technica, and making it to 21st Place in the World Points Standings!
We're at the gates and ready to pass through to Top20 land, but Housing and Food Services , although stagnant, are sitting just out of our reach.

Now for a quick update on where we're sitting!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-15-Oct-10: [COLOR="Lime"]78,548[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]123,800[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Cyan"]253,676[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]129,876 in 27 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]1st[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-15-Oct-10:[COLOR="Lime"] 54,180,794[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]56,257,757[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]62,638,928[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]6,381,171[/COLOR] in 27 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]21st[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]27-Nov-10 @ 18:30[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

That's a 1,352,030 increase in Total Points and 5,201 in RAC since last update on 23-Nov @ 21:15.

And an update on our overtake stats:

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]in x days   Rank   Name 		          RAC	        Total credits [/COLOR]	
9.37 	    20 	   Housing and Food Services        14,580.97  	 64,640,009

That 9.37 days is too much considering we only have 3 days left in the contest. Please don't tell me we've come this far to miss it by only 6 days. With the surges we've made so far in this contest, we've shrunken 6 day gaps in a matter of hours. Come on team, this should be a walk in the park! Put every ounce of powah you have behind it! GO! GO! GO!

Congrats to everyone on the amazing numbers we've put up this year.

I've got a couple of almost complete intel dually rigs just sitting doing nothing because I have no vid cards. If I ordered some cheap ones, by the time they got here, the contest would be over. It really sucks not having a local PC shop.

Congrats to everyone on the amazing numbers we've put up this year.

I've got a couple of almost complete intel dually rigs just sitting doing nothing because I have no vid cards. If I ordered some cheap ones, by the time they got here, the contest would be over. It really sucks not having a local PC shop.

Run them headless. That's what I do

Then what? Just monitor the machines output on the web? Judge its performance by how much ppd?

yes or you can use windows remote desktop and login from another machine

Interesting, thx.

And Grats on topping 70K. I've never seen RAC that high before. Good lord, less than 1K away from being the #2 cruncher in the world! :drool:

Like has been said get the machine up and running with a video card, then shut it down pull the video card and restart it.

Thanks, I've never tried that before. It always gave me so much trouble when switching cards, I figured windows would eat its self if you tried without one.

Back