• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, the only thing that stands in front out our friend sfu is Nebulous; that big fat cluster of machines at UofW. As far as individual crunchers goes, he's #1. This is quite an achievement and represents on hell of a contribution to the Overclockers.com Rosetta Team. A big thank you for all your help.

So that makes number one in the world for Team RAC and Individual Output, but there's also one more that no one has really talked about and rounds out our Trifecta of sorts.

Looks who's got the #1 machine in the world!! :)

jimmyj.jpg

This contest was certainly full of firsts, and we're alot further ahead because of it.

A great big THANK YOU to all who came out to help us!

Nice, grats :)

WOW! I'm surprised no-one else has a SR-2 running Rosetta. That's strange...

Not really. They're not exactly cheap you know. ;)
But you would think that out of the thousands of people crunching Rosetta that someone else would have had the same idea somewhere along the line.

well done all around. I think that everyone stepped up. maybe not as much as sfu and jmtyra, but stepped way up none the less. great work

Final Update

Well, I suppose there's time for one more update before the end of the contest.
I want to make sure everyone knows how much has been achieved in the short 30 day period since this contest began.

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-15-Oct-10: [COLOR="Lime"]78,548[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]123,800[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Cyan"]258,736[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]134,936 in 30 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]1st[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-15-Oct-10:[COLOR="Lime"] 54,180,794[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]56,257,757[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]63,475,417[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]7,199,660[/COLOR] in 30 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]21st[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]30-Nov-10 @ 20:20[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

That's a 836,489 increase in Total Points and 5,060 in RAC since last update on 27-Nov @ 18:30.

Our Team RAC increase for this contest almost equals our total team RAC from last years contest. Can you believe that???!!! Man that's impressive!

We won't quite be making it to the Top20 this contest, but it was damn close and showed that Team Overclockers.com definitely has it in them to achieve lofty goals!

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]in x days   Rank   Name 		          RAC	        Total credits [/COLOR]	
5.39 	    20 	   Housing and Food Services        14,762.04  	 64,696,746

I'll be compiling the results starting at Midnight tonight, and once that's done I'll be making the draw.
Stay tuned tomorrow to find out who the lucky winners are!

Last edited:
Many thanks to all of you who joined us and/or cranked your production up for this contest! It's been an incredible success, it's not every day/month/year that we can blast up to first in RAC!

That's a 836,489 increase in Total Points and 5,060 in RAC since last update on 273-Nov @ 18:30.

I thought there were only 270 days in November? :shrug:

A big congrats to everyone who helped out this year. I'll be sticking with it for a little longer. SETI probably won't be up to speed for at least another couple of weeks. I'll gladly fold?crunch? whatever for as long as the SETI project is down.

I thought there were only 270 days in November? :shrug:

A big congrats to everyone who helped out this year. I'll be sticking with it for a little longer. SETI probably won't be up to speed for at least another couple of weeks. I'll gladly fold?crunch? whatever for as long as the SETI project is down.

Lol @ above. Guess I got a little excited.

Well, that's it. The Rosie RAC Harvest V2 has officially come to a close.

The turnout and results of this contest have been nothing short of phenomenal and I want to thank each and every person who stepped up to help us out.

And without any further adieu I'll get right down to it. The Entry Results have been compiled and are displayed below.

entrantrosterfinal.jpg

With the exception of one entrant, everyone had at least one entry into the draw.

The draw was completed on Wednesday, 1 December 2010 at 00:07:47 Canada/Mountain Time.
There were 543 total entries from 34 entrants and 6 winners drawn.

The draw is entrant accessible, which means that you can verify that your name was entered into the draw, how many times, and whether or not you won. HERE is the link.

This year's lucky winners are:

1st neonblingbling ($75)
2nd muddocktor ($50)
3rd drshivas ($50)
4th Nvidia Kid ($50)
5th Ruthless Rufus ($50)
6th dejo ($50)

Everyone who's name is on this list, I'll be PM'ing you tomorrow after work with your Gift Certificate Code. Anyone wanting to give their prize to someone else (dejo?) please let me know so that I know who to contact.

Now I know that we didn't make the Top20 during the contest and the $100 prize was not unlocked, but I know that everyone gave it their best. I also know that even with people winding down and moving back to other DC projects we will continue to feel the residual effects of this enormous momentum for weeks to come. It is this momentum that will be responsible for us achieving our ultimate goal, which if you'll read back to the very first post of this thread, is reaching the Top 20 before the new year. As such, when we hit the Top20 in about 5 days, I will be taking that $100 prize, splitting it into two $50 prizes and holding another draw for those who were not picked as winners in the first draw. I'll announce the winners in this thread, then contact them via PM the same as above.

Congratulations to all of our winners, and again a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the spectacular success of the contest this year.

Now I'm going to bed. :)

as I had stated earlier, I would like to pass my certificate on the SFU. its the least we could do to help with some electric for the effort he put out. And tell him "your welcome anytime" and thanks for helping this year

as I had stated earlier, I would like to pass my certificate on the SFU. its the least we could do to help with some electric for the effort he put out. And tell him "your welcome anytime" and thanks for helping this year

Thanks man I appreciate it. I can use it to buy some parts to finish my home rig :)

Back