• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well first of all i need to learn some proper ocing of the one i have or get some few more cores hehe ;-))

got my lowly little laptop working right now, will have to get the 920 out of the closet and together to get it rac-ing. I may not have my ppd worked out by the start of the contest. Anything we can do to be fair if I cant get it worked out prior? let me know.
I may switch the i7 950 over from folding also, watcha say to that.

lol. I'm seriously contemplating reviving my celeron 420 on my p5q pro. Give it 1.5vcore to think about and see if it'll do 3.5ghz.

lol. I'm seriously contemplating reviving my celeron 420 on my p5q pro. Give it 1.5vcore to think about and see if it'll do 3.5ghz.

That would be better than this.... 1.8 Ghz,

First job estimated completion " 6 hours 23 minutes"
Maybe it's not the best Rac producer out there but damn it atleast it has spunk.

I'm seriously contemplating reviving my celeron 420 on my p5q pro. Give it 1.5vcore to think about and see if it'll do 3.5ghz.

I'm guessing a Conroe-L at 3.5 GHz would get you around 500 RAC. Mine at 3.2 GHz was a little under half the RAC of my stock e6600, iirc.

I almost gave up on the 950 changeover. couldnt get it to run on more than 1 core. went into advanced settings and now all is good. may still throw the 920 into the mix, and maybe even the i5 670.
how bad do we wanna step on team china? and maybe some in front of them even. we have the power to make this happen.

Hmmm.....as much as I've been bugging everyone else lately to fold for Team 32, I think it's only right that I sign up for this. I've got an idle OC'd CPU @ 4Ghz and a GPU I can throw at this (assuming rosetta does GPU, dunno?) for the contest.

Just goes to show, there is love among the distributed computing teams. :D

:grouphug: + :comp: =:clap: :thup: :rock: :burn:

Hmmm.....as much as I've been bugging everyone else lately to fold for Team 32, I think it's only right that I sign up for this. I've got an idle OC'd CPU @ 4Ghz and a GPU I can throw at this (assuming rosetta does GPU, dunno?) for the contest.

you may as well throw everything in your considerable stash at this, and then hope that they return the favor come chimp challenge time. I know that you can throw some action on this fire they have stirred up. I am sure they would welcome the help.
its for the same cause, and the rosetta team is in a lowly 20something place, and we cant have that can we. I am switching some computers over as I can. gotta get to the shop to switch over the 670 and get the 920 fired up

Absolutely! When Chimp Challenge or March Madness come around, I always urge our members to help out. Alot of them are Team32 and know about it b4 me anyway. Can't say as I've ever been invited to a SETI event, but I suppose I could try that out some day. :)

PS: Be sure to register!!! http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657824

you may as well throw everything in your considerable stash at this, and then hope that they return the favor come chimp challenge time. I know that you can throw some action on this fire they have stirred up. I am sure they would welcome the help.
its for the same cause, and the rosetta team is in a lowly 20something place, and we cant have that can we. I am switching some computers over as I can. gotta get to the shop to switch over the 670 and get the 920 fired up

Yep, say the word and help will be on the way shortly after. This is what I have found at least.
And we've worked damn hard to get to 23rd place! In August 08 when I first started out, the team was stagnant in 109th place with something like 4 million points. The along came our old friend Adak to stir up the pot and now look at us!

Hehe, it looks like UK BOINC Team saw us coming and has hit the gas!
Bums have gained 30K in RAC in less than a week. lol

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Rank    Team                    RAC     Points[/COLOR]
21 	Ars Technica 	   546 	47,726 	60,586,290 	
22 	UK BOINC Team 	   931 	85,013 	57,021,691 	
23 	Overclockers.com   239 	97,842 	55,343,919

I don't think they know what's gonna hit em though! lol

My RAC is still ramping up fast, 400+ points higher each day. Still haven't OC'd this 980x much either.
Come the 31st i'll rip the mobo out and reinstall my 1283 cooler and let 'er rip.

That's a good point...Hmmm....

OK -- I'll officially pull the SR-2 rig with 2xE5620s over as well. Some of my fellow Team 32 folders will be happy to hear my production is going to zero for FAH. ;)

Questions:
--> It doesn't seem like Rosetta takes advantage of GPU folding, correct?
--> Should I start all my gear crunching now, and just leave it going...or...just for a few days and then leave it off until Nov 1st?
--> Is there an HFM.net like application to view stats and such?

I haven't done distributed computing before due to being on a laptop.... But how far would a stock 3800 x2 (939) and a 9400 @3.2 go? I am not sure if I can handle my room any warmer...

3800x2 should make a few hundred RAC, worth doing IMO.

That SR2 rig is going to need three and a half boatloads of ram, most WUs are 260-300mb each, and you'll be running 16 of 'em!

No GPU client for rosetta sadly.

Any additional hardware to help would be appreciated...but...if you are having cooling issues with your room, then you may want to A) think twice ;) or B) invest in some fans? :p

I stopped folding on my 950 while on a 77000 points wu to get on this. I will prolly leave some on folding when this is done and prolly leave some on this asl well

That SR2 rig is going to need three and a half boatloads of ram, most WUs are 260-300mb each, and you'll be running 16 of 'em!

I'll keep an eye on it then...might have to swap out the 4GB set for the 8GB set...

But, we are getting there! :thup:

Edit: You were right -- I updated the config to allow 90% RAM use, and ... well see the second attachment :D

Attachments

• taskmgr.png
    taskmgr.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 182
  • taskmgr2.png
    taskmgr2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 184
Back