• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, thank you :thup:

Edit: Logged in to see the RAC for the two rigs that are crunching. Not sure if this has leveled out yet or not. :shrug:
(Also have no idea about what is a good/bad range for RAC. Yes, I'm a nub. :p)

Attachments

• rac.png
    rac.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 148
That SR2 monster with a halfway decent OC (say, 3.5ghz) should get you something like 4000-6000 rac.
Lots, in any case!

EDIT:
The small pond i was feeling like a big frog in appears to be growing rapidly :p

All,

I see ALOT of new names beeing added to the Roster over on our team home page at R@h (presumably for the contest), but not all are signing up here on the forums.

For example: Today we have 3 new additions to the team: New members in last day Porter | Rizo-UK | 4GHz . Of those three only 4GHz has registered for the contest.

To all of those that haven't yet signed up, if you are reading this please go sign up using the proper format in order to be eligable for the prize draw at the end. You will need to be a registered forum member to do this, so please get that done first. Thank you.

Oh I forgot about the prizes. I was just helping out a fellow DC team. :D

We appreciate that Jmtryra. :)

But you know how it is when contests come about. All kinds of people (alot of them not even forum members) come out of the woodwork when there are prizes to be had. Don't get me wrong, this is what we want, but you know it's no coincidence all these new people just show up. It would be a shame if they put in a whole month of folding without knowing they had to sign up first to be eligible.

And in to 8th place we go!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-15-Oct-10: [COLOR="Lime"]78,548[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]109,863[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]8th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-15-Oct-10:[COLOR="Lime"] 54,180,794[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest:[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]55,757,744[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]23rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]29-Oct-10[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

But the UK team is keeping pace!

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Rank    Team                    RAC     Points[/COLOR]
21 	Ars Technica 	   547 	48,701 	60,732,771 	
22 	UK BOINC Team 	   932 	99,157 	57,425,431 	
[COLOR="Cyan"]23 	Overclockers.com   245 109,863  55,757,744[/COLOR]

Last edited:
the nice thing is that all of us new guys RAC is still climbing. I am sure that bobnova, jmtyra and myself should be worth several more thousand rac before it is said and done. I may try to change the wifes 661 over also, but it is only clocked to 3881.

That should still be a kilorac or two. My e5200@3200ish is putting down 908 and climbing.

If I can get my grubby hands on a pair of "affordable" hex Xeons then I'll have another SR-2 rig to throw at it. Might not be before the contest ends though, depending on the financial front. ;)

If I can get my grubby hands on a pair of "affordable" hex Xeons then I'll have another SR-2 rig to throw at it. Might not be before the contest ends though, depending on the financial front. ;)

Hopefully if I secure this new position @ work I'll be able to get my very own SR-2 setup SOON.

Wait, another!? :comp:

Wait, another!? :comp:
Yup! It's my evil plan to overtake sfu. He's running about ~20 rigs for ~400k ppd, for about ~20k ppd per rig. Even with cheapie E5620s I can pull ~70k ppd w/a non-maxed OC and probably ~80k ppd at max OC. So, I'm thinking about 6 or 7 SR-2 boards should do it...half that if I get my hands on some hex cores. Maybe I can just go rob a bank or something...

;)

It's not *if* I overtake him, it's *when* I do.

<insert evil laugh here>

Make that 6th place! Man, we are on the move!!!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-15-Oct-10: [COLOR="Lime"]78,548[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]112,198[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]6th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-15-Oct-10:[COLOR="Lime"] 54,180,794[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest:[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]55,865,950[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]23rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]30-Oct-10[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

UK BOINC team still keeping pace!

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Rank    Team                    RAC     Points[/COLOR]
21 	Ars Technica 	   547 	48,541 	 60,768,311 	
22 	UK BOINC Team 	   932 	100,762  57,518,231 	
[COLOR="Cyan"]23 	Overclockers.com   245  112,198  55,865,950[/COLOR]
I was recently over at the UK BOINC Team fourms and there is absolutely no word about us or switching rigs over from one of the many other projects this team is involved in, but I doubt it's a coincidence that they started climbing at the exact same time we did. And not only that, but they seem to be climbing at the same rate as well. There are a few things that are obvious though:
1. They haven't added any team members, so that means their members are definitely rig switching, and
2. A team that size has a boat load of resources to draw from.

We're really gonna have to turn it on beat them to 20th place!

I picked a new graphics card yesterday... this allowed me to move an older card into my idled socket 775/ddr2 board which is now up running/crunching with a Q6600... just in time to help out for the event. :thup:

Back