• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like if we break down the stats on UK-Bionc we can see that their top guy made a huge switch over on 10-22.
They also have 15 guys that are producing over 1k RAC.

The top 3 guys on their team are the only ones producing over 3k in Rac.

I'm going to need to get more cores damn it.

my 2 i5 rigs just stop working on units. and cant get them to restart. anyone have any ideas.
to clarify, it just moves on to another client. but is still running. had about 20 hours worth of work that was stalled though. I uninstalled and cleared the files from the drive and now the same thing

my 2 i5 rigs just stop working on units. and cant get them to restart. anyone have any ideas.
to clarify, it just moves on to another client. but is still running. had about 20 hours worth of work that was stalled though. I uninstalled and cleared the files from the drive and now the same thing

Ran into the same thing with my Q6600 last week.

I upgraded BIONC and I reset my options.
So far no issues.

Also I unchecked the Leave in RAM option. Seemed to keep things nice and happy, But perhaps someone that's been doing this more can verify settings.

My work box did that, it'd do 15% or so and then move onto another unit.
It eventually came back and finished the ones it moved away from. No clue why it was doing it.

sadly, I deleted about 20 hours worth of work and 2 were 6 hour runs with less than 10 minutes left

My work box did that, it'd do 15% or so and then move onto another unit.
It eventually came back and finished the ones it moved away from. No clue why it was doing it.

My quad core rig is doing this too. It seems to be kinda random, but it's always finished the units eventually. :screwy:

my 920 is doing it now. all at our shop doing it. makes me angry

Currently we have 25 registered contestants, including neonblingbling who signed up today. Everyone is entered in to an excel spreadsheet that I designed to calculate number of entries at the end of the contest based on RAC category. From there, the list is converted to a word document which is then loaded into the draw form at random.org.

As for the issues with everyone's WU's, if your RAC keeps climbing, just let your machines go and don't bother watching anything other than your RAC on the Team Homepage. Rosetta does as Rosetta does, and sometimes it doesn't make alot of sense, but typically the WU's will finish one way or another.

As far as settings go, I keep my work buffer at 5 days, "while CPU in use", and 100% of CPU (which I think is default), and that's it. During summer months I only run between 1AM and 1PM due to the heat in my condo, but now that it's winter time it's 24/7.

There should be no other issues unless you have a totally unstable overclock which I doubt.

As far as settings go, I keep my work buffer at 5 days, "while CPU in use", and 100% of CPU (which I think is default), and that's it. During summer months I only run between 1AM and 1PM due to the heat in my condo, but now that it's winter time it's 24/7.

There should be no other issues unless you have a totally unstable overclock which I doubt.

i changed mine to run at 100 all the time. the default prefrences only worked after the computer was idle and the max cpu usage was 25 lame.

WInter = full load all day everyday :)

Yeah, I was at ~490 RAC when my Rosetta was only crunching during the night. Since I've changed back to 24/7 I'm up over 500 and rising with this old E8200. We'll see where it tops out.
Like I was mentioning to the guys earlier in this thread though, my old i7-950 @4.4GHz would put out 5K+ RAC if I left my PC alone, and the room remained cool enough. All of you guys with OC'd i7 quads(3.6-4GHz) should be expecting a minimum of 3.5K RAC out of each machine.

My second PC with i5 seems to have stabilized workload, and RAC is still climbing. I averaged over 200 credit per day last I checked.

My main is a bit iffy. I thought I had it all going, but then this morning BOINC had quit somehow. I had to restart BOINC to get it running so my credit will start a bit low, below 140 last I checked.

I've already done a total of 4400 for rosetta

More power...

Well I was curious to see how much draw my rigs under load pulled for the event so I decided to hook them all up to a Kill A Watt. (This does not include my wife's system which is located in another room.)

Pretty close to maxing out a standard type B; NEMA 5–15 (North American 15 A/125 V grounded) receptacle.

Watts:
P1030081.jpg

Amps: varied from ~ 14.25 to 14.50
P1030076.jpg

Volts:
P1030082.jpg

Whoa!
Well it doesn't go unnoticed on this end Roger!
Thanks again for kicking *** for the OCF Rosetta team!

Brutal! I want to get one of those, seems like they'd be interesting to play with.

looks like my rac is going to top out around 9000 give or take alittle. I will be down for several days this month though and then get back at it. but that will be later in the month

You're pushing the limit. Time to get an extra outlet on separate circuit installed so you don't melt something or blow breakers out just by turning on light.

If your wiring is rather old (like 40 or 50 years old), it can get warm and fail without hitting the max 15A (about 1800W).

Back