• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest V2! Status Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're pushing the limit. Time to get an extra outlet on separate circuit installed so you don't melt something or blow breakers out just by turning on light.

If your wiring is rather old (like 40 or 50 years old), it can get warm and fail without hitting the max 15A (about 1800W).

I hear you... I don't normally run everything off of one plug :eek: it was just a quick test. Right now the rigs are split over 3 different wall outlets and I'm looking into offloading some them onto another circuit breaker. As a matter of fact I also noticed that the wall socket was rather warm drawing those amps.

EVERYONE READY???!!!!!!!

Well, here we are on the eve of the contest! Already since the 15th we have grown an astounding 41,567 in RAC, and crunched 1,933,942 points. We'll definitely be goin full tilt boogie when the contest starts, and the sweetness is we're not even near done growing.

Here's a quick snapshot of where we're sitting:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-15-Oct-10: [COLOR="Lime"]78,548[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]120,115[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]6th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-15-Oct-10:[COLOR="Lime"] 54,180,794[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]56,114,736[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]23rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]31-Oct-10[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

On the other hand, we've only gotten 25 entries so far which is 16 less than last year. I was hoping for at least 50 this year, so if anyone knows someone who might like to come help, please let them know about the contest.

I'll be recording everyone's contest start RAC and Total Points at midnight.
Good Luck and Happy Crunching!​

Aaaaaaaaaaand GO!

RAC and Total Points have been recorded for all contestants on the Roster so far.

entries1nov2010.jpg

Good luck everyone!

You just had to list my measly 900 RAC below Whacko's 4,200 didn't ya. :p

I've currently got six cores going, and I'm hoping to get two more by the end of the week. It depends on how the weather turns out here. I'm not allowed to run three rigs and the AC (house rules). I can, however, run an extra rig when the temp is low. Keeps the gas bill from being as high.

You just had to list my measly 900 RAC below Whacko's 4,200 didn't ya. :p

I've currently got six cores going, and I'm hoping to get two more by the end of the week. It depends on how the weather turns out here. I'm not allowed to run three rigs and the AC (house rules). I can, however, run an extra rig when the temp is low. Keeps the gas bill from being as high.

I believe I've leveled out.....
Your RAC will grow, I have a feeling that my psu on the q6600 is going bad.
If I lose that rig I'll have to make an emergency run to Microcenter and grab another.

I just hope I can maintain my current RAC, I've increased my OC on the 9550 however the memory seems a tad wonky but it's holding up.

I think I'll join the Benching team once and for all and get some insider help with one of my setups.
I think I'll make that my goal after the contest.

Sorry I didn't post in the signup thread before now. I have a few more machines I fired up last week before leaving for the rig and it looks like they are doing well, so to speak. :D

The i7 looks to be a real crunching monster too.

just ordered a new board and memory so i can get my phenom2 555 going sometimes during the weekend ;-))
hopefully that will give a little boost too

Why yes you did. I added you on the 29th, but somehow you got switched with Rizo-UK (who mistakenly tried to register in the Status thread instead of the Sign-Up thread on the 28th). Anyhow, your Nov1st points and RAC have been recorded from logged data at BOINC All Stats and you are now properly added to the roster.
Sorry about that, seems like you were the only one who got "erased".

Last edited:
If this kills my laptop, I am going to be a sad panda...

PS, is there a Live Distro made specifically for Rosetta? Like, download, install to USB, ready to go (I cant/don't have time to learn how to code)? I tried to google it, but I could not find anything...

My windows installer was corrupted and I could not Add or remove any programs that used Msiexec.exe. I drove 30 miles to my storage place and spent a half-hour sifting through stacks of boxes piled to the ceiling but eventually I found my Win 7 install disk.

System repair initiated - Rosetta fired up yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!!!!

next on my to-do list is to get the OC going (been running stock all summer)

If this kills my laptop, I am going to be a sad panda...

PS, is there a Live Distro made specifically for Rosetta? Like, download, install to USB, ready to go (I cant/don't have time to learn how to code)? I tried to google it, but I could not find anything...

You can Run it as a Linux VM as Boinc does run under Linux too and that could be run from Fash drive
My windows installer was corrupted and I could not Add or remove any programs that used Msiexec.exe. I drove 30 miles to my storage place and spent a half-hour sifting through stacks of boxes piled to the ceiling but eventually I found my Win 7 install disk.

System repair initiated - Rosetta fired up yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!!!!

next on my to-do list is to get the OC going (been running stock all summer)

Ahh you could have also run on Linux , would have saved you the hassle of all that Travel then reinstalling Win7 or Repairing Win7

Edit - Sorry baditude_df, that I cant help you guys out this year, Due to Massive Electricity Cost rises here, I,m down to only one rig doing any Folding of any sort .:(

Great to see that the Team is @ #6 soon to be #5 worldwide in RAC :clap:

Last edited:
Looks like we are getting some separation from UK, however they seem to be scaling with us.
Good to see we are #6 in RAC and might be #5 or even #4 by week's end.

You're already in the roster with RAC and Points recorded Mud. I added you and CupcakeGrenade (yes a girl, and a friend of mine) yesterday.
As you will notice, the list above was posted as of midnight on the 1st, whereas you signed up after that at 09:10. I'll be posting updated roster screen shots once a week in the OP of this thread.

And yes, I noticed your monster RAC! :) Thank you very much!!!!

Wound the cpu up another 133mhz, now at 3.6ghz.
Can't find my xig. 1283 :( Donno where it could have gone. This is an issue.

Back